Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Level Training SIRT Training Pistol

I ordered my SIRT Glock today. Now all I have to do is find a Glock 17 and all the goodies to go with it.

Todd, thank you for making us aware of this training tool.

FYI. I made some inquires about the SIRT P226. It is under development and won't be available for about a year. It will simulate a DA trigger pull. No DAK trigger option was mentioned.

Regards,
    Alan

We've had a couple of the SIRTs for about a month now. An absolutely great training tool when used properly. The ability to work on stance, grip, sight, and trigger control with active feedback is great. I've adjusted the lasers so that each is not visible (just barely below sight line) when proper sight alignment is achieved. That way I see it, but if the student has proper sight picture they won't see it (as much, always be some splash back). For advanced students, presentation from the holster, trigger reset, movement, excellent tool.

Seems to have a very positive effect on new shooters, who, once they get to the firing line aren't as concerned about manipulating the pistol.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by atingle View Post
    I ordered my SIRT Glock today. Now all I have to do is find a Glock 17 and all the goodies to go with it.

Todd, thank you for making us aware of this training tool.

FYI. I made some inquires about the SIRT P226. It is under development and won't be available for about a year. It will simulate a DA trigger pull. No DAK trigger option was mentioned.

Regards,
    Alan

I just received an email from from Next Level Training Customer Service. The current production lead time on the SIRT Training Pistol is three weeks. They must be selling well. I am looking forward to receiving mine.

Regards,
    Alan

You can buy pink 3x5 cards and cut'em up into targets. If the green laser hits them, it appears yellow. Pretty neat.

I was able to handle the SIRT in the AFHF class this past weekend. I want one now. I would prefer to wait for the Gen4 G19 model but it will likely be a long wait. Deciding now if I want to hang out until them or just get the G17 now and replace it down the road when the G19 comes out.

Just got it today

Got my SIRT today. I think it will be OK.

First of all, I'm not a pistol expert. I've attended a few classes and have probably put 10-15K rounds through my G17 and G22 combined. Both of them have a stock trigger.

Weight without the mag was within an ounce of my G17. I would prefer the trigger of the SIRT to be identical to the actual pistol. If I were grading the triggers vs the stock triggers, I'd give it a B- out of the box. I'm interested in what they modeled it off of for the factory settings.

I'm interested in what others think and what changes they've made to the SIRT.

USPS dropped off one to me on Wednesday. I printed off a dot torture target and immediately shot a 50.

Seriously, I did put up the dot torture target and as I'm stuck at the house a lot until April (new kid) am going to see if this helps with my scores. I've been slack on the dry fire since December but this is making it interesting. It will also be fun to do one shot drills, etc. with a timer. No more assuming you hit the index card.

Observations to date:
    The magazine is a bit looser (more front to rear play) in the mag well than a real Glock but not enough to matter. Real G17 mags fit fine. My CRTC blue training magazine will not fit, goes in about a 1/4 of the length then binds. The NLT mag fits my Ready Tactical mag holders and real Glock 17s just fine.

Went through the holster drawer and it fits my main use holsters fine (Raven and Threat Solutions UCR) I don't have a Shaggy for a 17. Also fits a Serpa and Bladetech. Would not lock on the Safariland ALS (I tried 2) or let the hood close entirely without forcing it on a 6004. The rear of the pistol is a more dare I say Sigma-like angle than the straight drop of the Glock which I think plays into the 6004 hood not locking closed. Concerning the ALS, the pistol needs a deeper cut ejection port.

Both a SF X200 and a TLR-1 fit fine and worked in my carry light holster (TS UCR) but not the ALS.

The list above may sound like a lot of negatives but it is not. It's merely my observations so far as a mainly Glock shooter on what I have noticed and what gear of mine will work with this training tool. I think this is a great tool and see it not only helping me but also in helping me work with new shooters. It's better than my KWA G17, other than cats & small children don't react when you shoot them with it.

Spence

Last edited by vaspence; 03-11-2011 at 01:57 PM. Reason: smaller pic added

I've been dry firing my SIRT errrday since I got it in Feb.

Something broke in the trigger house module that made it all take-up, no clicky to the laser. There was no 'wall' or resistance or trigger break.

Contacted NLT's customer service rep and they're sending me out a new trigger module today!

edit: shipped today, with an additional free magazine! Exceptional CS!
    Last edited by Saur; 03-17-2011 at 06:17 PM.

Mine arrived today! Now I have to decide on a holster.

Regards,
    Alan

Got mine a couple of days ago. Was able to adjust the trigger to be pretty close to my stock Gen3 G19. I also put my spare sights on it. Very, very cool to have such a close analogue of the trigger and sights from my "real" gun. Been dry-firing like crazy with it, and am very happy.

My buddy just ordered one, too - going to make for some interesting impromptu FoF practice, I think.

User Tag List