Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SBR's Now Legal in WA (Tentatively)

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    That's a much better response than my "holy crap" one. I was just caught completely by surprise on this, embarrassingly so.
    Oh don't get me wrong, I had to compose myself to type that after almost kittening my pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Oh don't get me wrong, I had to compose myself to type that after almost kittening my pants.
    Me, too.

I highly recommend that anyone interested in Washington State gun politics subscribe to Joe Waldron's GOAL Posts. You can do so by emailing Joe at goalwa@cox.net and requesting to be added to the list.
    I've been copying the GOAL Posts to my blog for some time now; here's what Joe had to say about this little event:
    Last week I reported that SB 5956 (short-barreled rifles) had died in Committee. But as I noted earlier, dead doesn't mean dead. In an unusual move, yesterday the entire House voted to pull the bill away from the House Judiciary Committee and brought to the floor, where it was voted 95-3. The bill now goes to Governor Inslee for his signature... or veto. Congressman Inslee had a dismal record on guns. Now we'll see what Governor Inslee does. The bill passed with only three dissenting votes out of 147, so it obviously had strong support -- and a veto-proof majority.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Cool. Thanks for the info Drang.

Site Supporter
    in an effort to not have to read the entire bill, does this by chance also include shotguns?

Rifles only...

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    in an effort to not have to read the entire bill, does this by chance also include shotguns?
    At the same time this was originally introduced, there was another bill that was identical but included short barreled shotguns. That one went no where fast.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    At the same time this was originally introduced, there was another bill that was identical but included short barreled shotguns. That one went no where fast.
    Yes, because everywhere else that follows Federal Law has seen an overwhelming amount of crime committed with NFA Weapons of all sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ralston View Post
    Yes, because everywhere else that follows Federal Law has seen an overwhelming amount of crime committed with NFA Weapons of all sorts.
    I'm with you, but the fact is that SBRs are exotic, and sawed-offs are thug guns. Just ask Vicki Weaver (I'm assuming you've lived in these parts as long as I have). Retarded thinking, in all, but it is what it is. I'd love a shorty 870, but dang, in the Apple state, I'll take what I can get!

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I'm with you, but the fact is that SBRs are exotic, and sawed-offs are thug guns. Just ask Vicki Weaver (I'm assuming you've lived in these parts as long as I have). Retarded thinking, in all, but it is what it is. I'd love a shorty 870, but dang, in the Apple state, I'll take what I can get!

Why do you think I named my youngest Ruby??? Just kidding of course. I was totally shocked myself...who would have thought that with all the tree hugging, Spotted Owl saving Granolas in Seattle that we could have SBR's and Cans!

Site Supporter
    Looks like it got signed. Effective date 6/12/2014. Cool!
    http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?bill=5956

User Tag List