Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Challenger

Looking forward to the beavertail work!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Riehl View Post
    Correct. This finish will arrest all wear of the aluminum frame.

I can "build up" to about 5 or 6 thousandths without any trouble, if existing wear is an issue.
    Nice...

...10. Who puts threads into aluminum??? Needs helicoils.
    11. Stamped parts were in the low 20s in hardness. ...
    IIRC the early P226 had steel grip screw bushings and screws that were smaller in diameter than the current ones. Maybe one of the former Sig employees can answer why they discontinued this.
    Dave Berryhill

Cost. Everything is about money

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

I wish there was a way I could have the forum tell me when any of your project threads were updated, Bill. There are a couple others I'd tag for update notices as well! These projects are fantastically interesting. I'm learning a lot.

Bill, this is a fairly recently gun, no? Maybe 2010?

I'm sure your day job provides you with interesting professional challenges, but based on the care and precision you invest in these projects, I'd say you have a calling!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bobdavis View Post
    I wish there was a way I could have the forum tell me when any of your project threads were updated, Bill. There are a couple others I'd tag for update notices as well! These projects are fantastically interesting. I'm learning a lot.
    Click on "Thread Tools" at the top of the page and subscribe to it, make sure Notifications are turned on.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by TumblinDown View Post
    Bill, this is a fairly recently gun, no? Maybe 2010?

I'm sure your day job provides you with interesting professional challenges, but based on the care and precision you invest in these projects, I'd say you have a calling!!!
    Yep, 2010 IIRC.

It's becoming less and less fun, and more and more production/work.

I need a change. My followup idea was dashed all to hell by Todd last year, so I don't know.

What does a PhD/PE with years of experience and publications in CBRNE detection/countermeasures, SIGINT/MASINT countermeasures, energetic material development, and nuclear engineering do? Not to mention a healthy lust for all things ballistic?

Hi Risk Customer Services
    Yep, 2010 IIRC.

It's becoming less and less fun, and more and more production/work.

I need a change. My followup idea was dashed all to hell by Todd last year, so I don't know.

What does a PhD/PE with years of experience and publications in CBRNE detection/countermeasures, SIGINT/MASINT countermeasures, energetic material development, and nuclear engineering do? Not to mention a healthy lust for all things ballistic?

DEAR GOD MAN, THE SCIENCE!!!!!!

I am like so many others here and am blown away by your practical application of knowledge to firearms. Each of your threads is an epic read and I am absolutely looking forward to seeing more progress on the P220.

Plus if you find yourself bored with these projectile weapons, perhaps it is time to consider....laser guns?

Site Supporter
    Plot to take over the world?

User Tag List