Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DotW's Future

Site Supporter
    Regardless of the future of DOTW, I'd like to communicate my extreme gratitude for this section of the forum, and to everyone who has been posting their results. I joined last year as a new shooter having absolutely now idea how to go about making myself better. This forum has been a gold mine, not only for the drills themselves, but for the shooters of various levels posting their results, so I could see the progress and struggles other shooters go through, and so I could have examples of the kind of results "good shooters" can deliver. My expectations of myself are much higher, seeing what everyone else has been able to accomplish.

While I haven't tried to follow along with the current DOTW and post my own results, I always build my weekly practice session around one or two DOTWs that I think will help me the most at that given time, depending on my current relative weaknesses, and what progress I have been able to make during the week with dry fire that I want to solidify/confirm during live fire.

Thanks again everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Too bad no one knows anyone close to the community who could toss in some silly prizes now and again for random achievements...
    Maybe for beating oragami he could pass off the leopard hat lol.

I like this direction. Some months ago my daily circumstances changed quite a bit and I am no longer at the range almost every day. It's more like once a week now. I got out of the habit of the DotW and just haven't gotten back to it.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by justintime View Post
    Maybe for beating oragami he could pass off the leopard hat lol.
    Oh hell no. Get your own leopard hat!
    Lord of the Food Court

I think a benefit of shooting a match or taking a class is you are "forced" to do someone else's drill. In this regard, the DOW has been valuable from my perspective, and I would be sorry to see it not continue. Doubly sorry, now that I have a CZ.

The PF DOW exercise has tended to emphasize low prob targets -- much more so than most shooting games. Participating in a number of the DOW exercises has definitely improved my "stand and shoot" skills, especially to low prob targets from the draw. In particular, I think many of the DOW exercises prepare you well for typical USPSA classifiers.

I have always been amazed how so few people participated in the DOW, not just the regular members, but also staff members, the "SME's," prolific forum posters, and folks using the forum to promote their services. I very much appreciate Origami's regular participation, because it often inspired me to raise my goal posts higher.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by OrigamiAK View Post
    Oh hell no. Get your own leopard hat!
    Gnome hats are the new thing. Leopard is 90's leftovers...
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Gnome hats are the new thing. Leopard is 90's leftovers...
    The 90s were my formative time. I have an affinity for the 90s and 70s, but not really the 80s. So it makes sense. No one is going to troll me into wearing a gnome hat, either.
    Lord of the Food Court

The 90s were my formative time. I have an affinity for the 90s and 70s, but not really the 80s. So it makes sense. No one is going to troll me into wearing a gnome hat, either.
    Interesting line in the sand...

We are diminished
    The 90s were my formative time. I have an affinity for the 90s and 70s, but not really the 80s.
    I cannot believe it: I think you've actually said something so egregious I may have to ban you.

Speechless.

I may just turn off the forum for a few days and try to recover.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    The drills don't just get randomly chosen. Oftentimes there are intended progressions or purposeful changes in focus. There is an ongoing thread in the private Staff forum where we have the DotWs planned out more than a month in advance at times
    Make it monthly thing with a cold drill and a few drills after that. Shoot for 100 rounds.
    Sounds like you could put together a group of drills (new or just recycle and re-group the past DotW's) that focuses on a specific skill- reloads, first shot, whatever - to provide a "workout plan".
    Either make it a monthly thing or just leave them open and people can go at their own pace, or be able to come back and revisit the series of drills.

User Tag List