Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DotW's Future

Make it monthly thing with a cold drill and a few drills after that. Shoot for 100 rounds.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I'm guilty for a) not posting scores all the time, b) not having a friendly enough range to do all of the drills, c) feeling like I'm not on the range enough at times and want to focus on the fundamentals so I feel like I need forego the DOTW.

Would it be worth just keeping the DOTW thread up and then people can jump in and post their scores anytime? It might be an interesting experiment to see how/why certain types of shooters gravitate towards certain types of drills. I personally feel like I could spend 1-3 months on each one of these drills at any one time, but then I'm not easily bored with massive repetitions of the same thing.

Just my .02, but I totally understand the allocation of time/energy here on the forum.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

We are diminished
    Guys, don't feel any need to apologize! I just wanted folks to understand why they may go away. Or perhaps we'll take the recommendation to do them monthly.

I shoot about 1/3 to 1/2 of the DotWs. I have never posted a score.

I really like Tom's suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Guys, don't feel any need to apologize! I just wanted folks to understand why they may go away. Or perhaps we'll take the recommendation to do them monthly.
    Apologize? Nahhh. Explaining why we love it but why it's difficult to execute in a timely fashion? Abso-kitten-lutely.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

I like the DOTW and appreciate those who make it happen and participate. I shoot those that get posted, but like others am not always able to do a particular drill within the posting time frame. I would hate to see them go, but a monthly drill set is likely more viable overall.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    I like the DOTW and appreciate those who make it happen and participate. I shoot those that get posted, but like others am not always able to do a particular drill within the posting time frame. I would hate to see them go, but a monthly drill set is likely more viable overall.

Me too!

Too bad no one knows anyone close to the community who could toss in some silly prizes now and again for random achievements...
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    There are almost two years worth of DotW's posted at this point. That's enough to cycle back through and still keep things fresh.
    I'm another that doesn't get to always shoot the drills within the one week time limit. My range time is very erratic. I'll get to shoot all the drills for a month and then not get back to them for a long time.

What about opening some of the threads back up. Give people time to shoot them and Call it The Drill of Whenever You Get Time. TDWYGT.

We are diminished
    OK, it sounds like "Drills of the Month" would be more popular.

• Multiple drills.
    • One month to shoot them all.

That works for me. Then some people might shoot them all and some people might shoot select ones, meaning we can actually be less selective about which drills we can use. For example we've tried to keep it to things almost anyone could shoot in a single lane. Now as long as some of the offerings are that way, we can branch out and do El Prez, etc.

Thanks for your enthusiasm guys! This has definitely re-invigorated my interest in the Drill of the Whenever.

User Tag List