Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 9BPLE

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTrevor View Post
    ...it will (cough) sink into the pores and bind the metal...
    *twitch*
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Back from the dead, this thread delivers. Make mine a teflon-coated wadcutter in 158 gr., and I will have died and gone to old-school snub heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    And now you are on the NSA watch list.............
    Wife just said something similar, except she mentioned the FBI and BATFE. Asked her "So, what do I win?"

She was mildly amused when I pointed out that BATFE was too busy bungling storefront stings to bother with me...
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

Back on topic, I found some 9BPLE online the other day so I ordered up a few boxes.

I have recently found their ball ammo to be some of the best I have shot, and I am told by a couple of guys from Brazil that this stuff and the +P works pretty good on bad guys;
    http://www.magtechammunition.com/sto...00102itemList=

If a guy found some for sale it would be a good clone of BPLE

If it weren't for Magtech, I'd have fired a lot less .44 Magnum and .380 than I have, that's for sure.

While I was in Boone Co. last year, Pat Rogers advised he and his various class students had launched over 60,000 rounds of MagTech M193 down range that year so far, and about half that much 115gr 9mm ball, with zero issues. I shot up 1500 rounds of 5.56 that weekend, and about 500 rounds of 9mm. Good ammo it is IMHO

OTOH I've had horrible luck with .38 sp Magtech just not going off. That was five years ago so they may have improved, or maybe it was just a bad lot. Never gave it a second chance, may do so now.

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    OTOH I've had horrible luck with .38 sp Magtech just not going off. That was five years ago so they may have improved, or maybe it was just a bad lot. Never gave it a second chance, may do so now.
    The only "light strikes" I've ever had out of my K-frames has been with Magtech 158 gr FMJ .38 special. One of these guns is a 65-3 that has no problem with CCI magnum 158s (not that I've shot a lot of 158 out of it, but enough to know that it lights off). This is as recently as a year to 18 months ago, FWIW.

Those primers are harder than Linear Algebra courses taught in Mandarin in a dark room.

We used Magtech as range ammo at CCA for a while during the post-Katrina ammo crunch. They do have typical foreign primers, but I don't recollect any issues with factory ignition setups in any of the rental guns. (I think we only had a 686, 640, and 642 in .38/.357 rentals at the time, but I've slept since then.)

User Tag List