Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: The Passion of the Gun

While Todd is waiting to get his pistol shooting back in order, this one comes with remote controls.
    http://www.defensereview.com/hammer-...nned-vehicles/
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Must have a rather interesting HUD for sighting...

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Must have a rather interesting HUD for sighting...

Best, Jon
    The system's likely worth more then the Dodge Durango its attached to.Makes a nice Christmas gift though.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

So many great posts, great recollections.
    I do get the whole 1911 passion thing, as they do have an air or mystique about them. Whether a warhorse, or fine quality new gun, they just do. In my shooting times I've had the privilege to own many, but have narrowed down to just two:
    a 1918 1911, and a Kimber CDPII.

The warhorse is a Colt "black Army" pistol someone refinished long before I came to own it.

The Kimber, a CDP II, that I bought broken, and even as a second owner, Kimber honored their warranty, and gave me a new frame fitted to my parts, Gratis.

But what truly excites passion for me in a handgun is the Browning Hi-Power. Even more than the 1911, the P35 just does it. I've again owned several, but sadly only own an FEG clone that shoots incredible.

No denying Glocks just work. They are like a Stanley screwdriver tho.....just a tool.

What a great thread.

I've always liked doing things a little out of the ordinary and taking pride in doing them well. Competition is my thing and a pistol that allows me to feel good about doing my best is why I do it.
    Lately I've been competing with a revolver and loving it. Courses of fire are more challenging with limited capacity and I love the challenge.

The Glock is more efficient but the fun is with forged steel.

I envy those who can throw impediments in order to make training more interesting or fun. But since I don't get to train as often as I'd like or as often as I should an instrument that gets me from point A to point B more efficiently is far more interesting than those that don't. Hence in my case my G17 does give me pride of ownership for what it does not what it is.

It doesn't mean I don't appreciate my 1911, Beretta 92FS, or revolvers. I keep them clean and oiled and take nice pictures of them from time to time.

User Tag List