Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Carjacking: Tactics and Mindset.

#2 pistol is thumb indexed to high pectoral muscle and muzzle angled downward. In clinch this translates to a belt line/lower torso impact zone on adversary.

If I'm tracking you right, it sounds like you drew to a compressed #3, and did not extend out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Don't know if that helps. Gun was unloaded for the picture, etc.

This video is related to the OP, but perhaps what is most significant about it is what is not discussed.

(And I don't mean purses and fanny packs.)

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Also never leave registration and insurance info in the vehicle, always in my wallet. Don't want to make it easy for them in any way.
    This. Have NOTHING in your vehicle with your name or address on it. No service receipts, no NOTHING. A good friend of mine had his vehicle broken into in the parking lot while attending a gun show. The thief got his Glock 23 and his Kahr P380 back-up (he left them in the car because the gun show prohibits loaded guns). There was also mail, service receipts, and so forth, with his name and address on them. He spent a few weeks on pins and needles due to the thief having this information and knowing where to, most likely, find more guns to steal.

Likewise, if your car is broken into in long-term parking at the airport, the thief will have your address and will figure there's a good chance your house is unoccupied. He'll probably figure that since you're flush enough to fly, you might have some neat stuff to steal at home.

Bear in mind too that carjackers or car thieves are going to end up with your garage door opener. If you are taken out in the carjacking, they might just grab your wallet and house keys too (even if they're on a seperate ring). Now, even if you take the precaution of routinely keeping the door from the garage into the house locked (as you should), "Dad is home" can quickly turn into a perfect home invasion.

We had a local incident that, while not an exact fit, bears sharing. A young couple went to a rock show. The husband left his keys and wallet hidden in the car, out of concern for losing it in the venue. The car and the wallet were stolen. The creep who stole the car liked the photo of the couple's 4-year-old son so much, that he hatched a plan to go to their home, with a bag of sex toys and a shotgun and sodomize the boy. Some days later, he showed up. The husband, who was away working one of his three jobs, had changed the locks. The creep booted the door and tied up the wife in the kitchen. He then took the boy to another room to molest him.

While this was going on, the wife managed to get loose and armed herself with a kitchen knife. She attacked the creep and injured him superficially. He disarmed her, sliced her up, and then killed her with the shotgun. He then fled with the boy.

Along the way, the creep got spooked in a highway rest stop and abandoned the boy. The boy was found wandering, the State Patrol was called, and the boy told them that a bad man had hurt his mommy. At 4 years of age, he knew his address. Police were dispatched and the investigation began.

Some excellent police work resulted in the creep's capture. He took a plea that gave him life without parole to avoid the possible death penalty. I think the proscecutor offered the deal because the creep was deaf and when he spoke he sounded mentally challenged. He wasn't, but a jury might subconciously think he was unable to be held to normal standards.

He got all religious while he was in our jail. Last refuge for a monster, I suppose. THIS is what we're up against people. Don't ever forget that.

http://crime.about.com/b/2009/01/16/...e-invasion.htm

Rosco
    Last edited by Rosco Benson; 04-10-2014 at 12:39 PM.

I hope the Devil has an extra bag of coal for Myers to hold in his lap, when he shows up for his final reward.

And I hope that happens sooner, rather than later.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I'm suddenly not minding the walk from the garage to the house anymore.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I had an incident when I was just out of college that was similar to some of the above. I was returning some movies to ye olde Hollywood Video next to ASU's main campus, around 10:30pm (mistake #1). I parked right under a sodium light in the parking lot, but it blocked me from pulling forward, leaving reverse my only way out of the spot (mistake #2). When I got into the truck and fired it up, a late-model red Honda Civic (or some similar vehicle) pulled behind me and blocked my exit. Alarm bells went off like mad in my head as the door opened and a young, blonde woman got out and nervously approached my truck. My AC was busted, so I had the windows down (mistake #3), and she came right up and asked if I wanted to buy any perfume. WTF, selling perfume to random strangers in a poorly-lit parking lot at 10:30pm? At this point I'm on pins and needles, trying to split my attention between her and my rear-view mirror to see if any of the at least three dudes in the car get out. I figured the girl was a distraction, but there was the possibility she was an actual threat. I told the girl I wasn't interested in any perfume, and that just made her more desperate. She launched into a poorly rehearsed spiel, since I had zero justification to draw my pistol thus far, I put the truck in reverse and held the clutch in. I cut her off with "Get that kittening car out of my way or I'm going to put my bumper all the way through the kittening thing." She jumped, skittered back to the car, and then they all burned rubber and peeled out of the parking lot and into the side street.

A few days later at the monthly IDPA match, I mentioned this to one of the local cops who was competing. He said "Dude, you got interviewed for a carjacking." Apparently it was a known MO at the time, and I managed to scare them off. It made me take a little more time to gauge where and how I parked, and take more account of my surroundings when doing so. I figured nobody in the world would want to jack a rusty old '86 Ford Ranger, but apparently I was wrong.

You brought up a good point. If someone blocks you in, it doesn't mean you can't move, it means your going to do serious damage to both vehicles, but you can indeed move. I was thinking of that in regards to an earlier point, where jackers would block people in at their gate in South Africa. I'm pretty sure I can move many vehicles with a Suburban, or even a smaller 4wd truck if need be. Once the game is exposed, I figure its all fair game at that point.

Locally we would have way fewer home burglaries if people wouldn't leave garage door openers in their cars.

Ref using your car as a weapon, an oldy but goody;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xc8nT67XaE

The bump and rob is gaining popularity again in my area. The robbers will give the victims car a slight rear end bump at a red light or stop sign. When the victim gets out the robbers take the car at gunpoint. Most of this has been thug on thug crime, but occasionally targets mid and high end cars that can't be stolen without the keys (or a tow truck).

Had a guy and girl (very pretty girl at that) that were running a car jacking scheme for a while. She'd pull to the side of the road, put on her hazards, stand outside the car in skimpy clothes and wait for someone to stop. If she wanted their car, she'd signal her boyfriend, who was hiding in the backseat of their car, and he sneak out and do the car jacking. They ended up shooting a cartel guy on a car jacking and meet a very unpleasant end.

Inertia fuel pump switches found in most newer cars can limit the amount of ramming you can do. When some scumbag rear ends you and totals your car, and he flees because he doesn't have a license or insurance, his fuel pump will still work. On the flip side of that, if you're trying to ram your way out of a road block, it'll probably cut out.

The front sheet metal bumpers on trucks are pretty flimsy. In minor crashes they get pushed into the front tires and can disable the truck.

User Tag List