Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: I don't always invade countries...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    My Grandmother left Russia in 1910 due to fleeing the Bolsheviks.
    My maternal grandfather (and his mother and 7 brothers) fled to Argentina (there are a few photos of him doing a gaucho impersonation) before making their way to Ellis Island c.1918. maybe we're related?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    My suspicion is that the pamphlets were simply distributed by a bunch of neo-nazi thugs, and attributed (possibly by implication alone) to some kind of quasi-governmental agency.

Of course, at this point the line between a bunch of neo-nazi thugs and some kind of quasi-governmental agency in eastern Ukraine is probably getting pretty blurry.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Both sides have no issues with killing Jews, so it's the usual suspects in that neck of the woods. My Grandmother left Russia in 1910 due to fleeing the Bolsheviks. Every relative left in that village was massacred in WWII by a combination SS unit and Lithuanian forces. Jew hatred is sort of a national sport in the whole region.
    You do realize that the Bolsheviks are the reason they distrust the Khazars in the region, right?

The Slavic Nazis were bad; not as bad as the Communist hordes but horrid enough that plenty do not trust them.

Cannot say I blame them.

-------------------------------------
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    My suspicion is that the pamphlets were simply distributed by a bunch of neo-nazi thugs, and attributed (possibly by implication alone) to some kind of quasi-governmental agency.

Of course, at this point the line between a bunch of neo-nazi thugs and some kind of quasi-governmental agency in eastern Ukraine is probably getting pretty blurry.
    The Banderistanis and the eastern Ukrainians of Russian descent are "cheese and chalk", my friend. There is no common ground between them.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    I don't think that remotely obviates my comment.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    You do realize that the Bolsheviks are the reason they distrust the Khazars in the region, right?

The Slavic Nazis were bad; not as bad as the Communist hordes but horrid enough that plenty do not trust them.

Cannot say I blame them.

Poor proof reading.......should have read "prior to the Bolsheviks" Life with the Tsars and the pogroms was not a happy time for the Jews.......of course it never got much better even after the Russian Revolution.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 05-14-2014 at 12:19 AM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List