Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: I don't always invade countries...

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Not good with this. No, not at all.

Jews in East Ukraine being told to register
    There's some doubt as to the legitimacy of those flyers. Pushilin's organization denies they have any legitimacy; they were handed out by masked men in front of a synagogue. I could put on a balaclava and go stand in front of the local Catholic church and hand out mimeographed flyers with the seal of the Democratic party telling the local Catholics to register and, while it would give Limbaugh a good talking point, wouldn't prove that Obama was going to put Catholics in camps.

I'm getting very skeptical of both sides here; Putin is a warmongering territory-grabbing dictator, but on the other hand, Western governments are grabbing at straws to make him look just like Hitler (only not the really bad kind of Hitler you need to go to war to stop.)
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Jerusalem Post report makes it sound kinda sketchy and false-flag-y.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Both sides are in an epic struggle to make the other side out to be the the most nazi. It's Godwin's law on steroids.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Both sides are in an epic struggle to make the other side out to be the the most nazi.
    Well, it is a buzzword with a lot more historical freight in that neck of the woods...

Site Supporter
    Kerry confirms report that Jews in Ukrainian city told to register

Secretary of State John Kerry confirmed Thursday a report that Jews in one restive Ukrainian city were sent notices telling them to register, a development he called "grotesque."
    ETA: FWIW
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Yes, the McPaper article also linked above reported that Kerry had read the original British article.

Nobody's disputing that three masked men handed those flyers out in front of synagogues, dude. But Kerry's pretty heavily invested in the Administration's "zomg Putin's worse than Hitler, only not in the sort of way we'd have to bomb him" message. And Fox gets Stars-N-Stripes points for talking hawk noises at NASCAR-Americans. It worries the hell out of me when I see McCain and Kerry on the same side of an issue; every moral compass needle needs a butt end, and they're mine.

Site Supporter
    "FWIW" =
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    But Kerry's pretty heavily invested in the Administration's "zomg Putin's worse than Hitler, only not in the sort of way we'd have to bomb him" message. And Fox gets Stars-N-Stripes points for talking hawk noises at NASCAR-Americans. It worries the hell out of me when I see McCain and Kerry on the same side of an issue; every moral compass needle needs a butt end, and they're mine.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Ah. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Both sides are in an epic struggle to make the other side out to be the the most nazi. It's Godwin's law on steroids.
    Both sides have no issues with killing Jews, so it's the usual suspects in that neck of the woods. My Grandmother left Russia in 1910 due to fleeing the Bolsheviks. Every relative left in that village was massacred in WWII by a combination SS unit and Lithuanian forces. Jew hatred is sort of a national sport in the whole region.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Jew hatred is sort of a national sport in the whole region.
    "Pogrom" ain't a French word.

User Tag List