Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Does Memphis Think They Are, Chicago?

Who Does Memphis Think They Are, Chicago?

Nine people shot in six different Memphis locations in 24 hours.

http://www.wmctv.com/story/24795527/...ns-in-24-hours
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Sounds like North Omaha.

Site Supporter
    I lived in Hughes Arkansas from 1985 to 1988. Huhges is just about 40 miles SE of Memphis. I seriously doubt that half of the weekly killings from that area make the news. Somebody getting stabbed, shot, or offed in some other manner just isn't rare enough to garner comment or coverage. I had a huge nicely furnished office at the bank, running the insurance agency. (Grandfathered in) I also had a nice salary, and got just about anything I wanted from anyplace in town. It eventually began to soak into my little 24-year-old brain exactly why that was, and what it would actually cost me.
    I was eventually able to leave. I took a job with about 1/3 the salary, a desk in the middle of the room, and nobody in the whole town gave a crap what I thought or wanted. Best decision I've ever made in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Sounds like North Omaha.
    North "O" regularly appears high on the list of per capita murder rates.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

There's a reason so many of Tom Givens' students have been in shootings: location, location, location.
    He refers to it as "Mogadishu on the Mississippi".

I expect things to settle down a little once Hot Rod Dunham gets his people back in line.

"Your hands than mine are quicker for a fray.
    My legs are longer though, to run away."
    --Helena of Athens

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    There's a reason so many of Tom Givens' students have been in shootings: location, location, location.
    He refers to it as "Mogadishu on the Mississippi".
    My condition yellow at last year's Tac Conference had a distinct orange tint to it. In fact, I did go to orange in the motel parking lot the first night. Fortunately, no real threat developed. I just get a little antsy when a vehicle charges out from behind a dumpster located in a dark parking lot adjacent to the motel lot and heads my way. I've always been that way.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    It's been pretty sporty so far this year in Naptown, too.

Totally coincidentally, the cops happened to have photos of all the victims already on file. It'd be interesting to know what having a mugshot on file with the po-po does to your chances of getting iced, statistically speaking.
    Last edited by Tamara; 02-24-2014 at 02:16 PM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post

Totally coincidentally, the cops happened to have photos of all the victims already on file. It'd be interesting to know what having a mugshot on file with the po-po does to your chances of getting iced, statistically speaking.
    Somewhere I remember reading that something like 80% of all murderers have prior criminal records while "only" 50% of all murder victims have criminal records.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post

That would be a very interesting study.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

User Tag List