Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG Pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    I know you're asking someone else but this past year I've been shooting more SIGs than anything else. The E2 grips on my 226 felt "great in the hand" but during shooting I just couldn't perform very well with them. Didn't even need a timer, I just felt like the gun was slipping away from me during recoil. I don't have very big hands but I feel the E2 is just didn't work for me. Put Hogue G10s on it a couple weeks ago, which seem to have improved pretty much everything about the gun.
    Which texture did you go with?

Piranha, this time. I also have chain link on my 228, checkered on my 229 .40, and checkered aluminum on my 239.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    Piranha, this time. I also have chain link on my 228, checkered on my 229 .40, and checkered aluminum on my 239.
    Of the three, which do you like the best? I've tried the checkered and they were fine, but I like the looks of the piranha.

The chain link is a bit more aggressive, which I like, but the piranhas are working out pretty well and I think they look better. I could take either one and not lose any sleep, though IMO the checkered G10 aren't enough improvement over the stock grips to be worth the price (~$120, wow). I prefer the checkered aluminum over the checkered G10.

Thanks. I think I'll give the stippled E2s a run for a few weeks and re-visit the idea.

I thought I'd share a couple stipple jobs of mine…

My golf ball rendition:

A few 226s...

An older 239...

t

Sig P320 Collaboration...

Here are some pictures of my finished P320 that was kind of a collaboration between Robert Burke and myself. I don't think I could be any happier with this gun!

* Awesomeness by Sig Sauer.
    * Texture work by Tactical Texture and Triggers, LLC.
    * Trigger/Slide/Sight work by Robert Burke (The Sig Armorer.)

First, I lied about waiting on the Hogue grips. Walked into a cheap-enough-to-try price for a used set of G10 Piranha texture grips and went with those. They feel great. I much prefer them to both the E2 and the OEM grip shapes -- really fills out my hand better.

Second, I bought another P226. This is a 1995-mfg factory two-tone nickel gun, stamped Made in Germany. I'm not ordinarily a fan of two-tone guns. I am, however, a fan of $450 gun show P-226s that have no frame rail wear and some minor cosmetic dings. Fired about 200 rounds for function without issue. Excellent DA trigger on this gun.

Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

just picked up a p938 scorpion!

User Tag List