Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: New Project - P35

Following this thread as I introduced my wife to the P35 and she is giddy about it. I bought a new MkIII Hipower and the magazine disconnector was indeed polymer plastic. I also have purchased the C&S No bite hammer and sear set and noticed the new hammer strut pin is beveled on one side and the OEM hammer has a counter sink bevel to accommodate. The issue is the C&S hammer does not have the similar fit. Appears the C&S hammer needs to be milled a bit which does not add value to the alleged "drop in" part.

Any insight into replacing MKIII hammer with C&S?

Thanks,

Satch

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Riehl View Post
    Yeah...because the world has lost its way, I've been butt-deep in soulless plastic people popper guns lately. Which has me sad, and feeling burned out.
    Makes me sad too! Though I've got the 1911 thread bookmarked for when you come back to the one true way of John Moses Browning

Quote Originally Posted by Boxy View Post
    Following this thread as I introduced my wife to the P35 and she is giddy about it. I bought a new MkIII Hipower and the magazine disconnector was indeed polymer plastic. I also have purchased the C&S No bite hammer and sear set and noticed the new hammer strut pin is beveled on one side and the OEM hammer has a counter sink bevel to accommodate. The issue is the C&S hammer does not have the similar fit. Appears the C&S hammer needs to be milled a bit which does not add value to the alleged "drop in" part.

Any insight into replacing MKIII hammer with C&S?

Thanks,

Satch
    I'd suggest having a qualified gunsmith (as in one qualified and experienced on Hi Powers) perform the work-such as C&S themselves. And, as long as they have it, perhaps concurrently an action job to clean up the triggerpull if needed after the new parts are installed (although they might do that as a matter of course IAW the installation, but I'd ask the question).

Best, Jon

Have there been any updates to this project?
    Quote Originally Posted by montanadave
    My wife has already written my obituary which, in part, attributes my death to complications from my second penis reduction surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    Have there been any updates to this project?

Glad to see I'm not the only one chomping at this bit
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    Glad to see I'm not the only one chomping at this bit
    Maybe you could post pics of some of your Hi-Powers to tide the rest of us over?
    My wife has already written my obituary which, in part, attributes my death to complications from my second penis reduction surgery.

Site Supporter
    I tried to draw attention to the TRP Project he was doing. I'm guessing he's involved in other projects or work.

Sorry guys. Reality intrudes on my fantasies sometimes. Has been doing that with alarming regularity the last few weeks.

On the plus side, looks like next gen ceramic armor might be a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Riehl View Post
    Sorry guys. Reality intrudes on my fantasies sometimes. Has been doing that with alarming regularity the last few weeks.

On the plus side, looks like next gen ceramic armor might be a reality.
    Elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    Elaborate?
    Believe it or not, I'm not the drooling idiot that some people think I am. My paying job, such that it is, is developing carbon nanotube - carbide based multifunctional composites. One system near and dear to my heart is ballistic armor. We have spent a good bit of time desensitizing carbides, through the inclusion of CNTs, to impact. Fracture toughening isn't quite right, but that should get the idea across.

User Tag List