Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HK P30 Problem.

HK P30 Problem.

I had the opportunity to run 200 rounds through a P30 V3 last week. There was only one problem with the event-shooting single hand only reliably caused the slide to close on an empty chamber.Right hand or left, it didn't matter. The problem never happens shooting two handed, but single hand only it crops up every time.

I know two handed one just re positions the thumb a bit, but what's the solution for single hand shooting? I literally couldnt find a spot to park my thumbs which wasn't on the slide lock lever.Any pro tips, or am I just not cut out for HKs?

For one-handed shooting, I just drop my thumb to fill the void and grip tightly, ensuring my thumb is below the slide release. I have never experienced your problem.

Curling your thumb down should stop this from happening. I find it also gives me more control when shooting one handed.

Quote Originally Posted by john556 View Post
    Curling your thumb down should stop this from happening. I find it also gives me more control when shooting one handed.
    Good tips. I keep my thumb straight along the frame when shooting single hand only, resulting in the aforementioned problem.

Did you try having your thumbI down like shooting a revolver?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

As others said, don't ride your thumb on the slide release lever and instead bend it down.

This is from a quick and dirty google search (read: not your gun)

do not do this:

but instead, do this:

If not me, then who?

One more vote for "cock your thumb down when shooting one-handed". I recently got a lot more aggressive with this, and for me personally, it led to a substantial jump in SHO/WHO performance.

It doesn't feel as natural on the contoured sides of the P30 vs flat-sided grips, but it definitely works just as well. I literally just finished running the first 240 rounds through my new P30 and every time I had accuracy issues one-handed, I wasn't aggressively cocking my thumb downwards.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

For me, I actually find flagging my thumb works well. That is how I shoot one handed SHO or WHO with the v3. Obviously would not work running anything with a slide or frame mounted safety / control lever. This allows me to put lateral tension into the grip. It gives me better sight tracking and recoil control than the thumb down method.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    For me, I actually find flagging my thumb works well. That is how I shoot one handed SHO or WHO with the v3. Obviously would not work running anything with a slide or frame mounted safety / control lever. This allows me to put lateral tension into the grip. It gives me better sight tracking and recoil control than the thumb down method.
    Just out of curiosity, what size gloves do you wear and what panels/backstrap are you running on your HKs?

I'm wondering if hand size is a consideration in which technique is likely to work best. For basis of comparison, I'm at the upper end of the "large" glove range, but I only have to step up to an XL if the gloves are undersized.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

Site Supporter
    Rogers teaches the thumb to middle finger / closed grip.

They mentioned that it does something special with the bones/ligaments in your hand. All I know is that it works for me.

User Tag List