Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rash of Shield .40 Kabooms?

Based on the criticism of Underwood over a +P .40 load marketed - does that mean those critics think such a load explains the catastrophic destruction of this pistol? Seems like more than their +P formula at work. The OP's set back theory as good as any I guess.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

We are diminished
    There's not enough info to say for sure. But when a company brags about making +p ammo, says the ammo should only be shot in +p rated guns that don't exist, and then hedges its bet by claiming they are controlling for MAP just 1k down from max I'm beyond skeptical of their entire process. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if there was a double charge, bad crimp, overseat, or any other problem or combination that caused the gun to crack open.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Anyone who thinks the Glock kB! thing was made up is crazy. I personally witnessed a stock Glock shooting factory 9mm ammo kB! because older guns could and would fire slightly out of battery under the wrong unlucky circumstances. There were a bunch of bad theories put forth and no doubt it didn't happen as often as the internet made it sound but there was a very real issue.
    I saw multiple 9mm Glocks go all using the same commercial reloaded ammo in the same class.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

There's not enough info to say for sure. But when a company brags about making +p ammo, says the ammo should only be shot in +p rated guns that don't exist, and then hedges its bet by claiming they are controlling for MAP just 1k down from max I'm beyond skeptical of their entire process. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if there was a double charge, bad crimp, overseat, or any other problem or combination that caused the gun to crack open.
    I'm tracking. 1450 fps rating for this load. Separately, the guys on the thread linked in the OP have 5 of these Kbs on their board.

Also - interesting point about early Glocks being capable of firing out of battery in some circumstances. Any idea about when they fixed that?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Also - interesting point about early Glocks being capable of firing out of battery in some circumstances. Any idea about when they fixed that?
    No. The one I saw was a gun built early 2000's or so.

No. The one I saw was a gun built early 2000's or so.
    Whoa!

On related thread on that other forum, I see their kb list included ammo from WWB, Fed HydroShok, Fed Classic, Corbon/Glaser. By which I do NOT mean Underwood is off the hook for their practices.

I've heard of a lot of small start ups getting into the ammo business over the last year; some just running a Dillon 650 in a basement to meet the starved demand. Kinda worried about that.

Other pics of another incident display complete breakage of the frame also.

Its a expensive mistake. I hope someone learns from it.

I don't understand why someone would choose this type of ammo to begin with?

max out garage loads vs Federal HST , Win Bonded, Rem GS and Bonded, GD

I bet they don't even have access to special powders like Winchester , ATK?

BTW

I'm not apposed to reloading and selling.

I use to have 2 loaders in my garage.
    Last edited by Rich; 02-16-2014 at 01:54 PM.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by linkscoach View Post
    The operator of one of the blogs I follow...
    I'm totally going to start calling myself a "blog operator" now.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I'm totally going to start calling myself a "blog operator" now.
    Are you "operator" enough to operate a blog?
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Are you "operator" enough to operate a blog?
    Is anyone really "operator" enough for a blog in .40S&W?

User Tag List