Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: G-Code Holster: Either my PF search fu is poor, no one cares or no one knows....

G-Code Holster: Either my PF search fu is poor, no one cares or no one knows....

A guy at a range and I were chatting and talking gear, guns, drills, etc and he 'whipped this out':

http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/INC/INCOG.html

I've got a 5 Shot and JRC, so I'm happy, but I did find this to be an intriguing price point for someone thinking about using a holster for the first time like my dad. Although I'm still partial to him starting on an OWB Comp Tac to learn the fundamentals of drawing before he wanders elsewhere.

That being said, I have the following 2 questions:

1) Anyone know anything about this G-Code holster?
    2) Given that my dad has a big belly and needs to carry around 3-5 o'clock, do any of you have any better suggestions for a starter holster other than the Comp Tac?

Btw, he's shooting a Walther PPQ M2.

Thanks!
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

I wouldn't spend my money on it. A good friend and shooting buddy recently reviewed it and didn't like it.
    #RESIST

I think the INCOG came up in the appendix carry thread. I have one for my G17 and I like it fine for what it is, especially at the price. I like that it is super easy to put on and take off. The retention is fine and it carries well. I still prefer my keeper but the INCOG is a great holster to keep in the arsenal, for me.
    I bought it because I had great experience with other g-code products, namely XST and SOC holsters.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I wouldn't spend my money on it. A good friend and shooting buddy recently reviewed it and didn't like it.
    Great, honest review. I've never played with one but right from the maker's photo gallery it doesn't appear to have any real "tuck" feature for those of us who aren't sporting six pack abs. The exposed front sight thing is just absolutely weird to me.

The plastic bothered me.
    The open-ness bothered me.
    The 'swiss army-fication' of a holster bothered me.
    The guy from the range was trying to impress me with it, which bothered me.

So we can scrap this (I read the review and it was good-thanks LL) and move on to confirming or denying my thoughts on starting my dad on a Comp Tac?

Please, thank you and a cherry or Chipotle/Chilis or whatever Todd eats on top....
    Last edited by BaiHu; 02-15-2014 at 04:46 PM.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

I had to really mess with it to conceal well. That said it has the ability to do so. Retention kinda sucks... I end up using it a lot cause it is easy to put on, conceals well (now) and is really comfortable (now). It came to me extremely uncomfortable, and printed badly. The slanted clips are very flexible and do not actually push the gun into the body. I really wanted that feature to work better

For 3 or 4 o'clock it's pretty similar to my compact infidel

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    That was one of the best written articles I've ever read. It was explanatory without being wordy, descriptive without being condescending, and technical without being all "pocket-protector."

I was actually thinking about buying one of these, and that article completely changed my mind.

Passing your compliments along, guys.
    #RESIST

I would get the Comp-Tac. G-Code and HSP seem to be aware of concerns but do not seem to be taking them seriously.

If one takes any amount of contact/ECQC situation into consideration for their gear selection the INCOG would likely be crossed off the list. If the draw is fouled with almost any amount of resistance the holster may come out as well leaving the user with an un-drawn gun in a holster folded over their belt pointing at them. This is not specific to G-Code though, it is a design concern with tuckable holsters and one of the reasons why it has taken myself and others to come up with anything at all that is tuckable. The issue tends to lessen at the 3:00 position though.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

What causes that problem (asking since I'm not sure I am following)

User Tag List