Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: G-Code Holster: Either my PF search fu is poor, no one cares or no one knows....

The mounting struts are (currently and in the past) flexible enough to allow it to bend around while mounted to the belt.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    The fact that you can get a Shaggy with a clip if you so desire makes this pointless IMO.

LoI have one I like the theory behind the attached mag carrier bit that ends up printing more than the gun. The open holster bottom hasn't been an issue yet even with suppressor height BUIS. The holster is not as comfortable as my Fricke and not any where in the same league as the SME in terms of comfort. I bought it just to play it it and maybe use as a USPSA holster shooting open with my RMR'd Glock. Its main appeal to me was that is does have adjustabl e ride height and is RMR compatible. I love how well built the SME is but it rides just a hair too low and I have trouble getting my fingers around the grip.

Back to the mag caddy, like I said that ended up printing worse than the gun and I really can't adjust it ti ride lower without modifying the holster.

At this point I'm back to using he Fricke as my go to holster. I'll need to contact John about a different loop for the SME to see if I can get it to ride about .25" higher to get my fingers around the gun without tearing my knuckles up on my belt.

My holster does pass the inverted shake test. I wish it was a little longer as the muzzle isn't covered.

I'll probably continue to play around with the Incog for a little while but for anyone looking to buy a holster there are lots of better options.

I think it's a neat concept for a low mass holster...but that low mass gets compromised with the mag caddy.

With some experimentation and more user d feedback it has room for improvement.

I have tried using it as anything other than an AIWB so I can't comment past that.

I was hoping to have the holster for use @ TDI's ECQ class but the holster wasn't done till after I got back.

Sent via Tapatalk and still using real words.

Question

OK, I haven't run a search on this, but. . . I, too was considering an INCOG. The wait was giving me pause more than anything. Without having read the linked article, help me out with this:
    A holster maker brought up a concern with all tuckable holsters on page one: the idea that tuckable holsters can get the draw fouled and get pulled out of the pants with the gun, leaving the gun still in the holster but pointed at the wearer. Apparently this is a concern with the INCOG, but also a weakness of the tuckable concept in general?

But I REALLY want a tuckable option at 5:00. So . . . has anyone solved that particular problem with tuckable holster mounting, or is that just an inherent weakness of the concept you have to take into account?

"Your hands than mine are quicker for a fray.
    My legs are longer though, to run away."
    --Helena of Athens

Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn View Post
    OK, I haven't run a search on this, but. . . I, too was considering an INCOG. The wait was giving me pause more than anything. Without having read the linked article, help me out with this:
    A holster maker brought up a concern with all tuckable holsters on page one: the idea that tuckable holsters can get the draw fouled and get pulled out of the pants with the gun, leaving the gun still in the holster but pointed at the wearer. Apparently this is a concern with the INCOG, but also a weakness of the tuckable concept in general?

But I REALLY want a tuckable option at 5:00. So . . . has anyone solved that particular problem with tuckable holster mounting, or is that just an inherent weakness of the concept you have to take into account?
    It tends to be a weakness of the concept, not one particular holster.

I would look into a Comp-Tac CTAC or MTAC, I believe they both have options for various tuckable mounting struts and both have worked where others have not. That said the INCOG and a few other prototypes have been subject to a bit more training than the Comp-Tacs but I think as you move away from AIWB the concerns lessen.

Being a former Comptac MTAC/AWIB MTAC user, I can say that they don't have the tuckable struts down either. I broke three struts(2 on the AIWB version due to where it flexed with my body movement) and it retained the my M&P9 poorly as the whole holster would sometimes slip free from grasping my belt.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    It tends to be a weakness of the concept, not one particular holster.

I would look into a Comp-Tac CTAC or MTAC, I believe they both have options for various tuckable mounting struts and both have worked where others have not. That said the INCOG and a few other prototypes have been subject to a bit more training than the Comp-Tacs but I think as you move away from AIWB the concerns lessen.
    Last edited by jwperry; 02-16-2014 at 08:45 PM. Reason: spelling

As a former C-TAC user I bought clips 4 at a time and just went with it.

Unless he has shoulder issues, in which case a lower-riding OWB Comp-Tac might be easier to draw from, I think that the Raven Phantom (with both OWB and IWB hardware) would be a safe choice, and a heck of a lot more concealable, even when worn OWB.

I carried in MTACs primarily, before going AIWB. Although hybrids, I found the leather to be thicker than the CB's I've see and handled, and never had any issues with accidental folding on re-holster...even after sweating through the leather in courses.

Their OWB belt holsters are nice too, but not concealable without a good cover garment. They are meant more for comps, courses, and overt OWB carry, IMO.

I will say the the most concealable OWB holster I have owned, is Cane & Derby Pardus. Even more so than RCS Phantoms IME.

I am so glad that this thread came up, with the associated negative review link, about 5 days after I ordered my INCOG.

Oh well, I will give it a go and try to post a review here after I do.

User Tag List