Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remington shrugs

We are diminished

Didn't Herr Cuomo basically say firearm folks weren't welcome in the Empire State?

Guess Remington took their ball and went elsewhere.

Good news, but I don't think it's nearly the economic f'you to NY that some are making it out to be.

$87 million sounds like a lot, but it's pocket change in the grand scheme of things. NYC alone grosses way over $1 trillion. They won't care about the lost potential income from the additional factory at all, and they probably won't even blink an eye if Remington decides to pull completely out of NY.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    They won't care about the lost potential income from the additional factory at all
    It probably means more to NY in terms of lost jobs, rather then corporate revenue.

Good news, but I don't think it's nearly the economic f'you to NY that some are making it out to be.

$87 million sounds like a lot, but it's pocket change in the grand scheme of things. NYC alone grosses way over $1 trillion. They won't care about the lost potential income from the additional factory at all, and they probably won't even blink an eye if Remington decides to pull completely out of NY.

Honestly asking here; do you have an idea on the tax incentives Remington has gotten from the state of New York?
    #RESIST

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    It probably means more to NY in terms of lost jobs, rather then corporate revenue.
    Agree. Losing 1,800 jobs would be a hit to that part of the State and one that would be hard to spin just by blaming gun-lovin' abortion-hatin' evil conservatives. Those 1800 people fuel a lot of other small business in the area so the penumbra effect could be really significant.

Will it shut down NY? No. But I don't know any Governor who'd casually see an 1800-person company leave a small town in his state.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Honestly asking here; do you have an idea on the tax incentives Remington has gotten from the state of New York?
    Nope. I'm guessing close to nothing compared to what Alabama is offering, hence the move.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Agree. Losing 1,800 jobs would be a hit to that part of the State and one that would be hard to spin just by blaming gun-lovin' abortion-hatin' evil conservatives. Those 1800 people fuel a lot of other small business in the area so the penumbra effect could be really significant.

Will it shut down NY? No. But I don't know any Governor who'd casually see an 1800-person company leave a small town in his state.
    IDK. I'm going to danger that NY sees a flux of jobs (up or down) much greater than 1800 on a daily basis.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    IDK. I'm going to danger that NY sees a flux of jobs (up or down) much greater than 1800 on a daily basis.
    Sure, but that's because of NYC and other larger cities. Ilion has a population of 8K.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Sure, but that's because of NYC and other larger cities. Ilion has a population of 8K.
    Indeed. The loss of 1800 jobs in a small community like that is a Big Deal. Right now Herr Cuomo wont care,but the Democratic Party might when those unemployed folks remember which party took away their livelihood.

User Tag List