Thread: Beretta 92D hammer

Beretta 92D hammer

If a person dropped a 92D hammer in a normal DA/SA 92, would the pistol still function as a DA/SA, or does the D hammer lack the SA notch? I know the D models didn't have the sear in the frame, and that removing the sear from a DA/SA gun will effectively make it DAO. I just really like the "slick" look of the spurless hammers on normal DA/SA 92's, but wanna ask before I order the hammer. Thanks!

We are diminished
    Depends on exactly when the hammer was made, I believe. But typically D hammers skip the complicated and expensive machining process that adds cocking ability. It's fairly easy to have a standard hammer bobbed, though, unless they've changed the material/design since I was there.

Josh from AGW told me there were both. I vaguely remember him saying he never knew which ones he was getting when he bought them. If you buy from him, he'll get you a right DA/SA one.
    As a side observation, I have a hard time entrapping it with my thumb vs Elite hammer due to Beretta's beavertail.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    If a person dropped a 92D hammer in a normal DA/SA 92, would the pistol still function as a DA/SA, or does the D hammer lack the SA notch? I know the D models didn't have the sear in the frame, and that removing the sear from a DA/SA gun will effectively make it DAO. I just really like the "slick" look of the spurless hammers on normal DA/SA 92's, but wanna ask before I order the hammer. Thanks!
    I ordered a "spurless" hammer from AGW and it functioned just fine in my 92FS, single action and all. I swapped it out because one of my holsters needs the hammer spur for proper retention, a fact I only realized after I bought the darn part. Epic fail for moi.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Josh from AGW told me there were both. I vaguely remember him saying he never knew which ones he was getting when he bought them. If you buy from him, he'll get you a right DA/SA one.
    As a side observation, I have a hard time entrapping it with my thumb vs Elite hammer due to Beretta's beavertail.
    Thanks, I'll just give AGW a call, I gotta order something else from him anyway, so I'll just get his bobbed hammer and see how I like.

My main interest here is just that I think it looks sexy as can be, like that's the way a 92 always should have looked.

By entrapping the hammer, are you referring to holding the hammer down with your thumb as you holster? I can see how the D hammer would make that tougher.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post

By entrapping the hammer, are you referring to holding the hammer down with your thumb as you holster? I can see how the D hammer would make that tougher.
    Yes. It seems obvious, but until I tried I didn't know to what extent. I am thinking to have the beavertail knocked out now for a better ccw profile and function.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Yes. It seems obvious, but until I tried I didn't know to what extent. I am thinking to have the beavertail knocked out now for a better ccw profile and function.
    Don't guess it's all that obvious, cause I didn't think about it until you mentioned it. Then again, I'm wanting it for a compact model, and the beavertail on it is smaller than the full size guns, so I think I should be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    I ordered a "spurless" hammer from AGW and it functioned just fine in my 92FS, single action and all. I swapped it out because one of my holsters needs the hammer spur for proper retention, a fact I only realized after I bought the darn part. Epic fail for moi.
    If you've still got it, I might be interested in buying it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    I have no idea why I am so attracted to the idea of a spurless DA/SA...but I'd have almost swapped holsters just for that aesthetic by itself.

User Tag List