Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 9th. Circuit: California "May Issue" is Unconstitutional

Site Supporter

9th. Circuit: California "May Issue" is Unconstitutional

Still reading, but the Court's opinion seems to be that any system that makes it impossible for the vast majority of law-abiding citizens to carry outside the home is unconstitutional. Opinion here: http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastor...12/1056971.pdf

Site Supporter
    99 pages of majority opinion, followed by 28 pages of minority dissent..
    Needless to say I skipped a few pages.

Analysis for humans that cannot speak Circuit-Court Legalese
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/v...y-of-handguns/

The Court ruled that a government may specify what mode of carrying to allow (open or concealed), but a government may not make it impossible for the vast majority of Californians to exercise their Second Amendment right to bear arms.
    Outstanding!!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

That's fantastic news!

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Still reading, but the Court's opinion seems to be that any system that makes it impossible for the vast majority of law-abiding citizens to carry outside the home is unconstitutional. Opinion here: http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastor...12/1056971.pdf
    Bang... head shot.

We are diminished
    Holy cow, talk about getting kitten slapped in the face with the Constitution.

"Watch what happens when we secretly replace the 9th Circuit with Folgers Constitution Crystals..."

Excellent.

Now, lets see what they decide regarding that unconstitutional trade infringement called the California Safe Handgun Roster.

best part for me... it causes a circuit court split. which means SCOTUS has to take up a case, and there's apparently 2 in the pipeline right now. which means.... NJ's UNconstitutional just cause requirement might be thrown out in the not too distant future.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Oh Happy Day!!!

We are diminished
    Wow, the 9th even goes so far as to tear apart the other Circuits' decisions that went contrary on the issue! Holy holy holy smokes.

Today is, indeed, a great day. I may or may not have leapt to my feet and done a happy dance while spontaneously bursting into song after hearing the news.

I would pay cash money to be the one to personally deliver this news to CA Sen de Leon, the gun-control heir apparent to Leland Yee. I bet he looks like someone tasered him with a Costa pelvic shot right now.

Can't wait to file my CCW application with my county sheriff's office, which historically has maintained the exact kind of restrictive policies struck down in this ruling.

'Murrica!
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

User Tag List