Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: P229 Thoughts

Bill hangs out over here, if some don't know this. Here's a similar report on Todd's pistol, but with a few more pics and a few more words that help.

http://1911enthusiast.com/showthread...-a-Buddy-s-Gun

Bill, will you be including a microbial in the finish on the Sig?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I'm late to this thread. And this thread is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by montanadave
    My wife has already written my obituary which, in part, attributes my death to complications from my second penis reduction surgery.

So am I. Sooo awesome!
    "Experience is the hardest teacher. It gives you the tests first and the lessons later." - Oscar Wilde.
    | www.PracticalPerformance.org | Facebook | Instagram |

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Bill, will you be including a microbial in the finish on the Sig?
    Heh. Microbial.......

Prep'ing springs. Needs polishing.

Small parts being coated with tungsten. Gonna try out a cobalt finish on the next one.

Should be about 0.0005" of finish on these parts. The next coating will be about the same, which will make up for the loss of dimension from anodizing. Someone asked about tolerance issues (to be accurate, it's really clearance) when doing this. This gun, aside from the barrel to frame fit, wasn't "tight." So there is no worry about parts (especially pin holes) closing up too much.

I'm plating the lone mag right now. I'll put up some pics of the assembled gun shortly, and some range pics (taking it out for the final 250 round function test right after lunch, then it's an overnight trip out to the land of crab cakes).

And to address Todd's comment from earlier - the sear now has a finish on it that measures 75 Rc, so it should be GTG for 50k.

Finishing the mag -

I don't like rough finishes in magazines.

Moran's song:

Classy, but dark.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Riehl View Post
    (taking it out for the final 250 round function test right after lunch, then it's an overnight trip out to the land of crab cakes).
    Which means I'll literally be picking the gun up on my way home from tomorrow's scan results at Hopkins. So two great things in one day I'm certain!

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Which means I'll literally be picking the gun up on my way home from tomorrow's scan results at Hopkins. So two great things in one day I'm certain!
    Hope the scans show positive progress. A tuned gun on top of it will just be icing on the cake.

User Tag List