Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Lubricants

Is that a Salient Arms M&P?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    It's the flavor of the month that works like many lubes before it. Lots of people who got some for free like it.
    I got a bottle for free and bought another recently.
    #RESIST

I like the lower viscosity Wilson Ultima Lube as well. It seems to be a very low viscosity grease mixed with a low viscosity oil.

No issues with it on pistols.

Carbine bolts get a coating and once shooting Slip 2000 gets occasionally squirted in just to keep a bit of oil on my eye protection.

-------------------------------------
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."

Free samples in match goodie bags are wonderful. I am at present running my usual IDPA gun on Brownell's Friction Defense.

Drippings from auto and machinery lube cans are pretty good. I use a good deal of Texas Ox Snot = Mobil 1 + STP and have a can of outdated refrigeration oil for light work.

I haven't paid for a gun lubricant since the Militec craze. And I dumped my bottle of Militec into my big old can of Army suplus Oil, Preservative and Lubricating, Light, after reading that its original application was as a gear lube additive.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I got a bottle for free and bought another recently.
    I bought a bottle of Fireclean the other night and gave it to my old man. He wants an odorless / non-toxic lube to use on his field shotguns (Beretta A400 and a stable of Remington 1100s), so I figured it would be $15 well spent.

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    I bought a bottle of Fireclean the other night and gave it to my old man. He wants an odorless / non-toxic lube to use on his field shotguns (Beretta A400 and a stable of Remington 1100s), so I figured it would be $15 well spent.
    I also use FC on my primary waterfowl shotgun (Beretta A400 Xtreme). The Beretta manual says not to use any lubricant on the gas piston because it can burn off, but I've had excellent results with lubing the gas piston, piston bore and magazine tube with FC. I cleaned the gas system after running about 500 rounds through the gun, and the carbon wiped right off. Very impressed. Re-lubed and am going to push the gas system to 1K without cleaning.

I've used Fireclean on my practice guns which are run a lot between cleanings. FC seems to make them easier to clean and is fast to clean with.

I had a long and truly fascinating talk with Sully of Defensive Edge about lubricants and exactly how the AR15 works. Glad I have plenty of Slip2K from Uncle Pat Rogers
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I had a long and truly fascinating talk with Sully of Defensive Edge about lubricants and exactly how the AR15 works. Glad I have plenty of Slip2K from Uncle Pat Rogers
    I'm a SLIP 2000 fan. No smell, non-toxic, and works well. Since it is no longer the flavor of the month, the price seems lower than the new favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I'm a SLIP 2000 fan. No smell, non-toxic, and works well. Since it is no longer the flavor of the month, the price seems lower than the new favorites.
    Yeah, the price of Fireclean is pretty high.
    #RESIST

User Tag List