Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Just when you thought that IDPA was done with the stupid ideas...

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Cody, I think hopeton's point about his friend was that real people wear vests.

I wear a black Columbia Vest and a Rancher-Style insulated oilskin vest in the winter and sometimes a lightweight vest in the summer. I rarely wear a tactical vest though the pockets are very convenient. Unbuttoned cover shirt is the norm.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    Too many people, mostly IDPA shooters, deride USPSA as being a game thus is useless. I disagree, it is a lot easier for someone to learn tactics then it is to gain skill.
    I shoot an IDPA match at least two weekends a month and a sanctioned match on average about once a month. And, I have shot at matches from Florida to Massachusetts. I have NEVER heard an IDPA shooter call USPSA "useless."...Never. I have never heard an IDPA shooter "deride" USPSA either. The worst I have personally ever heard USPSA called was "The Other shooting sport." The number one reason that shooters have told me they don't shoot USPSA is that they like IDPA and don't have enough time and money to compete in both sports. On the other hand I have heard many IDPA shooters refer to the achievements of IDPA shooters in USPSA. When one regular IDPA shooter made USPSA Grand Master, it was mentioned at the local IDPA Match briefing and everyone applauded and congratulated him. When a USPSA Master shooter went to the Carolina Cup and took Division Champion, his closest competitors came up and congratulated him and everyone applauded when he took the trophy. Most people I know who are competing at the Expert or Master level are shooting both sports (and other sports, as well.)

Any animosity between the sports is contrived IMHO.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

I would agree that most of it is contrived and would echo almost the same comments among IDPA and uspsa locally among the shooters it interact with. The biggest factor for picking one is time and IDPA around here takes a bit longer.

That said among the keyed in shooters there are more rules gripes about IDPA, largely because it could be better and actions and responses to feedback do not indicate an upward trend. All parties griping play the game anyway.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    I shoot an IDPA match at least two weekends a month and a sanctioned match on average about once a month. And, I have shot at matches from Florida to Massachusetts. I have NEVER heard an IDPA shooter call USPSA "useless."...Never. I have never heard an IDPA shooter "deride" USPSA either.

Any animosity between the sports is contrived IMHO.

Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.

I've seen some IDPA people deride USPSA, the most notable example us our areas former MD who was also a former USPSA Shootet. This case is extreme as he's pretty much a douce that had burned bridges with both sets of shooters. They are out there but it is not the norm. The reverse of that is also true.

Sent via Tapatalk and still using real words.

Someone asked about IDPA Procedurals vs USPSA penalties.

Well someone took a look at the Indoor Nationals scores, and came to the number that 74% of shooters got at least one procedural.

I am willing to bet that less than 10% of shooters get a penalties at a national USPSA level match.

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    Well someone took a look at the Indoor Nationals scores, and came to the number that 74% of shooters got at least one procedural.
    Be interesting to see how many of those were "Traveling".

I would be more interested in a breakdown of what they were...
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I would be more interested in a breakdown of what they were...
    Unless things are different at the nationals, I doubt that we would ever get a definitive break down. The best we could hope for is the ROs giving you a general idea what was awarded to the shooters.

Just when you thought that IDPA was done with the stupid ideas...

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Agreed. I don't like all of the rules, but I still like shooting IDPA matches. Hang out with the folks that are glad to be there, understand that we're all shooting by the same rules, and watch the clueful folks for tips.
    At my club this generally means stay away from the "shirts". Most were store bought anyway. These guys usually suck the fun right out and drag the stages on way longer than they need to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List