Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Aegis Enhanced

Quote Originally Posted by _JD_ View Post
    Correction. I have a medium sized belt. (Oh how good ot feels to say that)
    Cool, let me know if you ever want to sell it, my 11 year old daughter would love one.......
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    It is literally the only thing I have worn since the day I got it with the exception of the couple times I needed a dressy leather belt.
    Mental image...difficult to process. How does concealment work?
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    Mental image...difficult to process. How does concealment work?
    You haven't read enough of my posts. The whole naked hairy large mammal with a chrome helmet, an 870 and pistol belt is part of the mental flash-bang that any intruder in my home is going to get. Part of going to hell for them is going to be THAT image burned into their retinas before departing for the morgue or jail.

P.S. I am looking for a reproduction of one of the "Pathfinder" movie Viking helmets as it fits my new facial hair rebellion thing I got going on right now.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Or MAYBE I was concerned that the quoted post implied you'd stopped wearing the helmet!

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

This belt is the GOLD STANDARD, 'Nuff Said!

So I've been on Ares' to offer the Aegis in a solid brown other than Coyote and they say I need more people to show interest. If you'd be interested in a brown Aegis (I think brown with the black buckle would by kitten awesome) go till ell them via email sales@aresgear.com

If you'd like to see a brown option.

Sent via Tapatalk and still using real words.
    Last edited by _JD_; 04-28-2014 at 01:12 PM.

Been wearing an Aegis for a few months so far. I like it a lot, so much that I bought a second in a different color. But I have a question for you Ares Gear Aegis wearer's/users? Anyone have issue with the belt getting so locked up at the buckle that it won't release with hand/finger pressure? I've had the cam/roller go all the way over and lock so that I had to tap each side with a nylon face hammer a few times to get it unlocked and doff my gear, that stinking thing was stuck like chuck! I know some of you are laughing, but thought I'd ask

Just pull on the tail end of the belt and that should unlock the roller.

Quote Originally Posted by _JD_ View Post
    Just pull on the tail end of the belt and that should unlock the roller.

This. They always seem to "lock up" when it is REALLY important to unlock and panic sets in. Deep breath, pull the tail and release....

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    This. They always seem to "lock up" when it is REALLY important to unlock and panic sets in. Deep breath, pull the tail and release....
    Yet another good reason not to order too short. You want that tail there when you want the belt off fast...

User Tag List