Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Aegis Enhanced

Ares seems to be living the pain of a MIM customer. 12-24 week lead times, that START OVER if it doesn't come out right. There's a faster vendor in China, but...
    Ignore Alien Orders

I am def getting one of these this year once the become standard production

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aegis belt

Lead time is 4 weeks but production is back up:
    http://www.aresgear.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=454
    Last edited by BobLoblaw; 04-08-2014 at 02:07 PM.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

I recently received a custom built cobra-buckle, hook-Velcro-lined outer belt from Volund Gearworks in 4 *days*. Including shipping.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrevor View Post
    I recently received a custom built cobra-buckle, hook-Velcro-lined outer belt from Volund Gearworks in 4 *days*. Including shipping.
    Yea, I have a bunch of Cobra or Raptor buckled custom belts, and some have been delivered in a matter of days. I have not worn any of them since I got the AEGIS. They are that good. I just ordered my second one (different color) and hope to have it in a few weeks.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I have not worn any of them since I got the AEGIS. They are that good.
    Any particular reason you prefer this over a Wilderness five-stitch?

The buckle. The rigid belt with the pull through military type buckle (much better quality than the military brass ones) allows you to really get it "perfect". It blends with anything and works great with appendix rigs. I like the Raptor and Cobra buckle stuff for "over" belts, but the Aegis is my favorite for running through loops.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I have one in black 1 1/2" wide. This is the Gold Standard of belts. Buy without hesitation it blows the Ranger Belt out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by _JD_ View Post
    Regarding tail lenghtllth, I wear a 34 -36 waist jean and this is a LG belt with a G17 with RMR in. Fricke

If you want less of a tail you can go with a smaller size.

I find it to be very comfortable.

1.5" and feels more stable than my old 5.11 1.75" Casual belt.

The buck elle is a friction device and I've never had it come loose. Actually there's been times when new where it was hard to get off.

Sent via Tapatalk and still using real words.
    Correction. I have a medium sized belt. (Oh how good ot feels to say that)

And one other thing, I would recommend buying additional nylon loops with your belt at the time of initial order. That's about my only gripe on the belt is that there have been some times that I've found the loop missing (found later in the wash) but I've been able to make due without it pending on pants etc.

User Tag List