Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Aegis Enhanced

Quote Originally Posted by guymontag View Post
    With that comment and experience, I'm seriously interested. However I do have an honest question: the VGW is approximately half the price of the Aegis, would you say the Aegis is twice the belt?
    I definitely wear it twice as often so IMO...yes. Comfort and concealment both get a nice bump. I don't need to crank it down as much to get a nice grip tuck and the buckle hides your holster loops really well.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Can someone throw some calipers at a standard Aegis belt and let me know the thickness and actual width?
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Been using this belt.

It's better than the reinforced Wilderness, the Volund Atlas and the Beltman leather.

Best I've ever had.

Looking forward to getting mine that I ordered couple weeks ago.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Haraise View Post
    Been using this belt.

It's better than the reinforced Wilderness, the Volund Atlas and the Beltman leather.

Best I've ever had.
    After two comparisons to the Volund, I suppose it's time to start saving...

No one has experienced any 'cutting' of the material into the hips? My Wilderness 5 does more often than I'd like.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

After two comparisons to the Volund, I suppose it's time to start saving...

No one has experienced any 'cutting' of the material into the hips? My Wilderness 5 does more often than I'd like.
    Wilderness does that, but not the Volund or Ares.

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haraise View Post
    Wilderness does that, but not the Volund or Ares.
    That's interesting, and reinforces to me how personal these things can be.

I've owned a handful of Wilderness 5-stitch belts, and I've never once had an issue with them cutting into me. The belt 'rolls' enough that it comfortably conforms to me as I move, but still offers satisfactory support to whatever I put on it. If I were hanging heavy things on it externally (i.e. a heavy pistol OWB), the roll might bother me, but all my heavy stuff stays IWB.

My Volund Atlas, on the other hand, doesn't roll at all. I know that in the gun community, this is generally considered to make the Atlas superior. Unfortunately, the Atlas cuts into me, and I can't wear it for sustained periods of time. Its inability to roll/conform not only causes me discomfort, but it sometimes makes the entire belt "print" as if I was wearing a hula hoop.

I would just use the Wilderness and call it a day, but I don't like the size, weight, noise, and footprint of the buckle. Ideally, I guess I'm looking for a belt [almost] as flat as the Atlas, but [almost] as flexible as the Wilderness. If the Aegis fits that general description, I'll have to try one.

For what it's worth, I'm a skinny bag of bones, which is definitely one of the factors in this equation.
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

The Wilderness frequent flyer has the lower profile plastic rings "buckle".
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    I've been considering one of those for a while, Jody... not sure why I've hesitated to actually order one. Thanks for the reminder though: I'll just go ahead and order one to try out.
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

I should be more specific here. If I were carrying anything but AIWB or was okay with turning the belt, the Volund would likely still be better. It's a more comfortable design, but the flexibility in the buckle kills it. If I could get a solid connection on the two sides of the belt up front in the Volund, it'd likely be the best of both.

User Tag List