Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Aegis Enhanced

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    This. They always seem to "lock up" when it is REALLY important to unlock and panic sets in. Deep breath, pull the tail and release....
    LoL.... Thanks JD & Nyeti

The buckle. The rigid belt with the pull through military type buckle (much better quality than the military brass ones) allows you to really get it "perfect". It blends with anything and works great with appendix rigs. I like the Raptor and Cobra buckle stuff for "over" belts, but the Aegis is my favorite for running through loops.
    I never thought I'd like a belt more than my Volund GW. Thanks for the endorsement. I've worn VGW, Saddleback, Beltman, A&G, and Wilderness but this is the absolute best AIWB belt, period. I wasted a bunch of money. Selling a bunch of belts in the next few days.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

The buckle. The rigid belt with the pull through military type buckle (much better quality than the military brass ones) allows you to really get it "perfect". .
    It better be because the old school version / buckle sucked big time! It would loosen up over time in the field

The one thing I love about the Wilderness 5 stitch Belt is that you can really tighten down the belt. Plus they are cheap for as long as they last.

Are the majority of you using the Aegis or Aegis Enhanced? I assume the latter since I've seen more linked reviews for the Aegis Enhanced in threads here and elsewhere.

Can anyone comment on the differences between the two based on first-hand experience? Any reason not to spend the extra ten dollars for the Enhanced?

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipulusArmorum View Post
    Are the majority of you using the Aegis or Aegis Enhanced? I assume the latter since I've seen more linked reviews for the Aegis Enhanced in threads here and elsewhere.

Can anyone comment on the differences between the two based on first-hand experience? Any reason not to spend the extra ten dollars for the Enhanced?
    I got the Aegis. Stiffness is a balancing act for AIWB carry. I wouldn't want any stiffer.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Any opinions on the urban gray color? Is it a true gray or more like a folliage green? It is hard to tell next to the bead blasted stainless.
    Outrunning my headlights since '81.

Ot looks to be more of a typical gray rather than green. They have some better pics on their face book page. My next belt will probably be an urban gray Aegis with black buckle.

I have the enhanced and no issues with AIWB but I can't imagine the standard would be too different in stiffness. But I wouldn't mind it being just a hair thinner.

Sent via Tapatalk and still using real words.

I think they just went up $9.99? I swear they were $90 yesterday. Maybe I'm imagining things.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Finsta View Post
    Any opinions on the urban gray color? Is it a true gray or more like a folliage green? It is hard to tell next to the bead blasted stainless.

Disclaimer: I am partially color blind in that spectrum of colors. With that out of the way, mine looks like a true gray of a lighter shade.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbj22 View Post
    I never thought I'd like a belt more than my Volund GW. Thanks for the endorsement. I've worn VGW, Saddleback, Beltman, A&G, and Wilderness but this is the absolute best AIWB belt, period. I wasted a bunch of money. Selling a bunch of belts in the next few days.
    With that comment and experience, I'm seriously interested. However I do have an honest question: the VGW is approximately half the price of the Aegis, would you say the Aegis is twice the belt?
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List