Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KSTG at NRA 25-Feb-2014

Site Supporter

KSTG at NRA 25-Feb-2014

KSTG match
    Tuesday 25-February-2013
    $25
    Estimated Round Count: 50-75
    Squads begin at 5pm, 6pm, 7pm, 8pm, and 9pm. Six people maximum per squad.

Registration begins 8am Monday 10-February. Call 703-267-1402 to reserve a slot.

Hello,

I'm looking to participate in this as my first KSTG match. Have there been any updates to the rules? I saw a file dated Dec 2011 but not sure if that is the latest file.

Thanks!
    Mike

That's as up-to-date as it gets. The rules and results can officially be found at kstghq.org.
    "WHAT?!? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW RIDICULOUS YOUR GUN IS!" - TLG

Thanks! Also, I see there are only supposed to be 20 rounds used per drill but I saw a video where someone fired 27 rounds and changed mags twice. I also saw that you can only start with 10 rounds in your mag. I have a Glock 19 and a magazine holster for 1 spare mag. Will that be enough, or will I need more than 1 spare mag?

Thanks again!

Site Supporter
    I've seen people burn through multiple mags trying to drop ONE piece of steel. So I guess it depends on how much you plan to miss.

I shoot KSTG with 1 spare mag and can't recall ever needing another mag to finish a regular (non classifier) stage.

It states, in the rulebook, that you shouldn't get a regular stage that requires more than 20 shots or has more than 10 targets.
    http://pistol-forum.com/attachment.p...5&d=1324962612
    Last edited by JV_; 02-10-2014 at 01:24 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by beamanmc View Post
    Thanks! Also, I see there are only supposed to be 20 rounds used per drill but I saw a video where someone fired 27 rounds and changed mags twice. I also saw that you can only start with 10 rounds in your mag. I have a Glock 19 and a magazine holster for 1 spare mag. Will that be enough, or will I need more than 1 spare mag?

Thanks again!
    The limit in the rules is on the required number of shots. It isn't uncommon to shoot more due to misses/make up shots. You'll be fine with just one spare mag on your belt, but I would make sure to have another "full" (loaded with only 10 rounds) mag in a pocket that is somewhat accessible.

ETA: Like JV, I only carry one spare mag on my belt, but I've needed a second reload from a pocket at least once in a KSTG match.

Ok great that works, thanks!

Site Supporter
    It's been a while since I've shot a match, maybe as long as 6 months, but I had a good time.

Thanks for the match, guys!

Good to be back out with you folks for another fine match. Any day when one can bake in some learning time on the trigger is a good one, and doubly so with a fine group of gentlemen such as yourselves.

User Tag List