Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: German Foreign Minister Announces Military Rearmament

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Eisen und blut!
    Yea........No.

It's feeling more like the British Empire, post World War One, actually.

And I respectfully yet firmly disagree with the characterization of the current President as the second coming of Neville Chamberlain. The fact that Obama has emphasized covert warfare and drone strikes over large-scale troop movements means less visibility, not less involvement.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTrevor View Post
    It's feeling more like the British Empire, post World War One, actually.

And I respectfully yet firmly disagree with the characterization of the current President as the second coming of Neville Chamberlain. The fact that Obama has emphasized covert warfare and drone strikes over large-scale troop movements means less visibility, not less involvement.
    I find myself less and less concerned with his level of involvement and more and more concerned over which side he's on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    I find myself less and less concerned with his level of involvement and more and more concerned over which side he's on.
    If you really believe that a 2-term president of the US, legitimately elected in a peaceful transfer of power, is secretly working for the Muslim underground or something equally outlandish... wow.

I'm no Obama fanboy, and I'm absolutely furious, on a daily basis, about his willingness to erode privacy rights for US citizens. That doesn't mean for one moment that I think it's OK to imply that the President is a terrorist sympathizer. {I will leave to the reader's imagination the less-than-gentlemanly content I wrote and then deleted here.}

2 posts and I'm done with this thread. Might be a new record for me.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrevor View Post
    If you really believe that a 2-term president of the US, legitimately elected in a peaceful transfer of power, is secretly working for the Muslim underground or something equally outlandish... wow.

I'm no Obama fanboy, and I'm absolutely furious, on a daily basis, about his willingness to erode privacy rights for US citizens. That doesn't mean for one moment that I think it's OK to imply that the President is a terrorist sympathizer. {I will leave to the reader's imagination the less-than-gentlemanly content I wrote and then deleted here.}

2 posts and I'm done with this thread. Might be a new record for me.
    I have to agree.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell, Esq. View Post
    I have to agree.
    I don't know. His youthful ties with leftist extremists has always left me unsettled. He talked a good game at first, but as time has gone on, I can't just help but wonder how much Bill Ayers and Friends he may be channelling?

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    Yeah, I can't picture Angela Merkel giving rousing nationalist speeches.
    von Schleicher didn't, either.

You can't blame the world for being twitchy about the Jerries any more than you can for it being of two minds on the news that the Chrysanthemum Fleet is on the high seas again.

Part of me is "Oh,yay! Our allies!" and part of me is feeling like the currents of history run a lot deeper than the last fifty years and we'd be fools to ignore that. Nations don't have friends.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

When I saw the title to this thread, I thought "this thread will be full of Tam's nuggets of historical wisdom." I'm not disappointed.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

My Polish coworker is not at all amused by this development.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    My Polish coworker is not at all amused by this development.
    The Germans were invited, and punch was served.

User Tag List