Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ 75 SP01 Mink Shadow

Site Supporter
    You shoot a custom tuned CZ better than a Glock 34?
    Here's my shocked face.

Also, this thread requires pics

I bought extra slide stops and trigger return springs, and was led to believe absent something unusual, that is all a CZ requires to keep running through high round counts.

I think part of what makes a CZ so easy to shoot well is the Mink trigger, but it is also other stuff. The mag well on the Shadow is very forgiving, leading to very fast reloads. It is thin through the grip, allowing me to be as fast or faster than a Glock on the draw to high prob targets, and you can get very high on the pistol compared to, for example the Sig, which makes it feel more controllable to me. Besides the weight of the trigger, the shape/design of the trigger is much more forgiving than a Glock. Nice, high quality Mec Gar mags are available at low cost. The pistol extracts/ejects the empty cases so far compared to the Glock, that they miss where I usually put the brass mat for a Glock (causing a small problem with the brass mat placement when shooting with my wife and her Glock).

JV, I bet you a dollar you can reload a CZ faster than a Glock or Sig even using the sling shot method with the slide, it is so fast to reload. I was consistently seeing 1.25 slide forward, open carry reloads with the CZ. Previously, I did exactly one 1.29 Glock reload, and that was an anomaly. The slowest CZ reload I saw was 1.40, in my very first session, and I bobbled that one.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Dare I ask how much they set you back?
    Matt Mink charges $1,500 for the Shadow and the custom work complete.

http://automaticaccuracy.net

I am not surprised a bit in the outcome. The Sp01 Shadow is a purpose built performance gaming gun, and Mink takes it one or two notches up. I'd be very interested to see where he can take a service-ready model, something like a firing pin enabled CZ with a decocker. The word is that they can get triggers just as nice.

I should receive my custom shop SDP in a day or two. Excited to czech it out.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    You shoot a custom tuned CZ better than a Glock 34?
    Here's my shocked face.
    LOL. Yes, this...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    JV, I bet you a dollar you can reload a CZ faster than a Glock or Sig even using the sling shot method with the slide
    I'll take that bet. Now I just need to find someone with a CZ to let me try.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Of course it is only a small subset of the overall shooting population, myself included, that is so interested in slide lock reloads with pistols that hold almost 20 rounds. JV, can we start by making the bet that you are as fast using the support thumb, instead of strong thumb, on the slide stop?

I had an interesting discussion with a friend and PF member earlier. His contention was that it was unfair to compare a Mink CZ with $500 of custom work to a Sig or Beretta, and thinks the only fair thing is to shoot a stock CZ 75, 92 and 226 to compare. He is obviously to young to have shot 1911 pistols much, where the first thing you did with a new 1911 was send it off to the 'smith for tuning.

My wife, who is my shooting partner, has a different take on the CZ. She said when I was shooting something other than a Glock, while for example, a Sig or Beretta might excel at one task, on balance she thought I shot the Glock best across a wide range of tasks. The CZ is the first pistol that enables me to beat the Glock on all shooting tasks that we have tested. Whether that is a function of $500 of custom work, or some inherent advantage to the CZ platform, she could care less.

I happened to be speaking with Tony at JM today, and he said based on increasing demand, he has or has on the way pistols and blue guns to make holsters for the 75, SP01, P01, 75 Compact and P07.

Give me a week or so...
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

I don't have an SP-01, but I do have a Shadowline with the SRTS trigger. You are welcome to try it at NRA range sometime. PM me.
    My regular Shadow is at Cz Custom getting a Cerakote and new slide.
    I would like an SP-01, but can't afford it right now.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

GJM, what tuning do your pistols have done to them?

Do you feel at this point they are "duty/carry" guns or solely "gaming" guns?

I think it's neat CZs/Witness's are "in" nowl. I had a Springfield P9 .40 years ago that was pretty cool. I remember when Jeff Cooper went to CZ to work with them on their upcoming .45, and how disappointed he was in the resulting CZ97B, because of it's large size.

User Tag List