Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ 75 SP01 Mink Shadow

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    I have had a lot more problems with my Glock than my Cz.
    But you got the Glock used, right?

On the outside of the slide I use Militec-1 to use as a rust/corrosion preventative.
    FWIW: Militec is a poor rust inhibitor.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    But you got the Glock used, right?
    FWIW: Militec is a poor rust inhibitor.
    I don't want to suggest that Glocks have lots of maint problems. One problem was a mfg defect (trigger safety). The other problem was mostly my fault for allowing oil in the striker channel and not cleaning it enough. The gun didn't have than many rounds through it when I bought it. That being said, I have seen two friends of mine have regular issues with their Glocks...it is anecdotal, so I am not suggesting it is a trend...that has just been their experience and mine. Just an interesting note: They will defend their Glocks and suggest it was their fault the Glocks didn't run right. Glock's are made of cheaper materials than, say a Sig or a Cz and their pieces wear out more. Also, people like to tweak on the trigger components themselves. I think that is what causes issues with Glocks.

I will continue to run my Glock 34 this year in competition, so I am giving it a chance. We will see how it goes and I will report back.

I thought one of the main selling points of Militec was rust/corrosion prevention...another suggestion?

Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Site Supporter
    I thought one of the main selling points of Militec was rust/corrosion prevention
    If it is, it's not something I've seen. Either way, it sucks in that role: http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...ve-for-storage

And:
    http://www.6mmbr.com/corrosiontest.html

http://www.6mmbr.com/i/Reader%20Phot...ngTerm_640.jpg

I'll take that bet. Now I just need to find someone with a CZ to let me try.
    its funny you say that just this week I picked up a sp-01 tactical that i will be shooting at my next several range trips and most likely at the next KSTG match I make it to

Yikes...thanks for the links. Guess Eezox is my next purchase.
    Thanks,
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Looks like you need a competition hammer and better sights on that there Cz.
    I also recommend the SRTS mod and the 85 Combat trigger.
    If stock, then lighter springs, too.
    Is that decocker version?
    Cody

Yep decocker,I have been in contact with CGW about some changes I want to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    We need a cz photo thread.
    GJM should start it, I wanna see the pair.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by cdunn View Post
    Yep decocker,I have been in contact with CGW about some changes I want to make.
    If you want to shoot IDPA, be careful with which parts you add if you want to shoot SSP. Their hammer is not IDPA legal. (although most SO's won't catch it...some will)
    Cody

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    GJM should start it, I wanna see the PAIRS.
    Fixed it for you.

User Tag List