Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ 75 SP01 Mink Shadow

Every gun I own will malfunction if there is dirt in the mags, CZ, Glock, Beretta, S&W (both M&P and 5946). I can't say that anyone particular gun's magazines will out perform another in those situations.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Thanks for the replies gents. I will likely order some wolf +10% springs. I agree that dirt can be the culprit. A fellow student shooting a XD was having similar problems We thought it could be related to the magazine geometry. Specifically that the tape to the feed kips was much more extreme than that on the glock mags. I had no issues with the glock mags for the rest of the weekend.

I may be making a mountain out of a mole hill. But, it sure is going to make an interesting 2000 round test.

I've never cleaned a magazine in my life with either an AR or a Glock, but I'm on the lookout for problems with the new gun as my impression from reading the intertards is that the CZ is more sensitive.

With the gun I borrowed I've definitely noticed differences between mags in terms of whether or not the slide locked to the rear, but I don't think that was a dirt issue.

I've noted the problem with Glocks and also saw that M&P mags seemed to work better.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

The only time my slide doesn't lock to the rear is when I ride the slide stop, but that's the same on all my guns. Even with badly twisted worn out mag springs in my practice mags it takes a long time before they stop working.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

I shot a pair of Mink SP01 Shadows at Rogers, and my carry P01 for the night shoot. Unfortunately, I had massive work distractions causing me to be on the phone as much or more than time shooting. Shouldn't have been there but wouldn't have missed that Rogers week for almost anything.

Shot about 2,500 rounds of reloaded ammo (bought). I had one stoppage shooting weak hand, in one Shadow. I had two magazines that didn't drop cleanly. I prefer Mec-Gar mags over the factory ones. Otherwise no stoppages, malfunctions or breakages. My P01 is still yet to have its first bobble.

I really enjoyed the laser grips on my P01 during the night shoot.

Despite the distractions, I shot my best ever at Rogers, shooting Advanced all six tests, and my score was 56 points higher cumulatively for the six tests, than last visit. That worked out to an average of just over 9 points per test.

Overall, I think the CZ played a part in that. Interestingly, I would prefer a slightly heavier SA trigger with more take up for the one hand shooting, as the SA is very short and light on the Mink Shadow. More like my P01 carry trigger but on a SP01/75 size and weight pistol.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Did mr. Rogers have any commentary on the Czechnology?
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I shot a pair of Mink SP01 Shadows at Rogers, and my carry P01 for the night shoot.

Despite the distractions, I shot my best ever at Rogers, shooting Advanced all six tests, and my score was 56 points higher cumulatively for the six tests, than last visit. That worked out to an average of just over 9 points per test.
    It was great to get a chance to dry fire and shoot the Minks, they were really nice. The triggers really were, just like, wow. I had to quit dry firing them like I had to quit dry firing Manny's STI so I didn't poison my mind with dat trigger.

I didn't realize your scores were that much better over previous trips to Rogers. Great job! That's a lot of improvement.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

GJM,
    Great to hear that the CZs performed for you at Rogers.

On an environmental note, are the shooting areas at Rogers (never been obviously) gravel, dirt, hard top etc. I'm looking at eliminating environmental factors from my P-01 magazines.

I've replaced 3 with Wolff springs, cleaned thoroughly, etc and I'm still having feeding issues from both the Mecgar and stock CZ mags. My only other thought is to spray teflon on the interior of the mags as the feeding issue seems to stem from the follower not moving without a hitch through the interior of the mag. Once I'm down to about 5 or 6 rounds and the follower is in the tapered part of the mag there are no issues at all. Thanks ahead of time.

Magazines at Rogers are ejected onto outdoor carpet under a pole-barn style roof. The carpet surface is covered with lead/copper/carbon dust, but in my experience it doesn't get into the mags to any significant degree. The only thing I noticed on the line at Rogers (and this was particular to me) was dry Liquid Grip residue transferring from my fingers onto the brass casings while topping off mags, causing minor friction during feeding.

Name:  IMG_0014.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  77.3 KB
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

User Tag List