Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast

Thread: CZ 75 SP01 Mink Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    It bugs me to no end, but my CZ P-01 that has been to both AA and CGW doesn't have a quality of a DA pull that any of my Berettas and Sig have. Quantitatively it is the lightest, and SA is pretty stellar. I actually had to go extra effort to raise the SA pull weight. Everyone around me raves about theirs, and I just not getting it. Even after a few hundred rounds.

I am so short on time to list all the stuff I need to sell, but it is one of them.
    A P01 is a carry gun. I don't think it needs more than a basic trigger job, and trying to make it into a pistol with a trick competition oriented trigger is inevitably going to compromise reliability. I never found my basic carry trigger on my P01 to hold me back at all in shooting a range of tests. For me, the main reason to carry a P01 is to have a carry gun analog to the larger CZ you game.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    God damn it, I was totally set on getting the new Wilson Combat Beretta but I just spent the last two reading this thread from start to finish and now can't make a decision on which platform to get.

If I decided to go with a CZ, is there an easy chart to see which model is legal in which sport/division? I know the CZ Accu-Shadow isn't IDPA legal (anymore).
    Get a CZ Custom, Mink or equivalent tuned SP01 Shadow and you are set for Production and SSP.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A P01 is a carry gun. I don't think it needs more than a basic trigger job, and trying to make it into a pistol with a trick competition oriented trigger is inevitably going to compromise reliability. I never found my basic carry trigger on my P01 to hold me back at all in shooting a range of tests. For me, the main reason to carry a P01 is to have a carry gun analog to the larger CZ you game.

Get a CZ Custom, Mink or equivalent tuned SP01 Shadow and you are set for Production and SSP.
    George has more experience than me on CZ's, but I put a Cajun Gun Works comp hammer and lightened spring set in my P-01 and other than the little bit of FPB travel, it feels damn close to my Shadow and is reliable.

Also, I shoot a standard Shadow in competition and it has served me well
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    Also, I shoot a standard Shadow in competition and it has served me well
    Didn't your Shadow's slide fail, where the spring box just fell off, mid-match?

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Didn't your Shadow's slide fail, where the spring box just fell off, mid-match?
    Yes, it did. Over 10,000 rounds with a 12lb spring. I considered that acceptable considering the use. Also, I always have a backup gun for a match. CZ Custom replaced the upper and gave me a new barrel free of charge. Even Porsches break down. Like anything there is a balance between performance and reliability. I think the CZ has the best performance/reliability for the money. And the triggers are among the best.

Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Site Supporter
    Over 10,000 rounds with a 12lb spring. I considered that acceptable considering the use.
    OK, we simply differ on that point. I think that if your slide breaks, and you say the gun has served you well, then I'm looking for that footnote. That's a pretty big failure on a low round count.

And the triggers are among the best.
    I like their tuned/customized DA pulls. I may even buy some type of CZ when I spin up my shooting again.
    Last edited by JV_; 12-06-2014 at 11:34 AM.

Yes, it did. Over 10,000 rounds with a 12lb spring. I considered that acceptable considering the use. Also, I always have a backup gun for a match. CZ Custom replaced the upper and gave me a new barrel free of charge. Even Porsches break down. Like anything there is a balance between performance and reliability. I think the CZ has the best performance/reliability for the money. And the triggers are among the best.

Cody
    What is a spring box and exactly what broke?

On a side note, my wife has broken the slide on two Glock 17's.

Site Supporter
    It's the bottom part of the slide that covers the recoil spring.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A P01 is a carry gun.
    So is my Elite II if I chose to carry it, as I did in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    It's the bottom part of the slide that covers the recoil spring.
    Thanks. I've never heard that term. Sounds like a defect in the metal from new.

Site Supporter
    I don't follow CZs, but I recall reading that it was a bad batch of slides, there were a number of very similar failures.

User Tag List