Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Debris inside Striker Channel, Brass Flakes, Gunk

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    This is what a Glock barrel looks like when you try to shoot a squib out of it...DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!
    Attachment 2069Attachment 2070Attachment 2071Attachment 2072
    You got very lucky. That right there is what I like to call a "valuable life lesson": if you're going to shoot reloads, be sensitive to squibs and use a gun of sufficient quality that isn't going to frag you if you get it wrong.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

Test fired the Glock 34 with a new KKM barrel and freshly cleaned gun, and show 50 rounds zero light strikes and only one stovepipe.
    So, it was this gunk/debris in the striker channel. I am going to make sure the firing pin and channel stay clean from now on.
    Changed out the striker, trigger and firing mechanism with Zev STd drop-in kit.
    See other thread.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    Test fired the Glock 34 with a new KKM barrel and freshly cleaned gun, and show 50 rounds zero light strikes and only one stovepipe.
    So, it was this gunk/debris in the striker channel. I am going to make sure the firing pin and channel stay clean from now on.
    Changed out the striker, trigger and firing mechanism with Zev STd drop-in kit.
    See other thread.
    Cody
    That stovepipe doesn't sound good to me. You are having a lot more malfunctions than I have had using Wolf and a Gen4 G17. I'm well past the 2k rd challenge at this point and the gun's only mods are an APEX extractor and White Sound HRED.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    That stovepipe doesn't sound good to me. You are having a lot more malfunctions than I have had using Wolf and a Gen4 G17. I'm well past the 2k rd challenge at this point and the gun's only mods are an APEX extractor and White Sound HRED.
    Well, I have solved two problems so far: The trigger safety plastic doodad, easily fixed once I figured out what it was, and light strikes.
    I will be shooting it this year in competition with the new Glockworx ZevTech Std trigger and extended Firing Pin striker with the 2# spring. I will be tracking any issues and post them here.
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Site Supporter
    Use the factory striker and factory striker spring. You're going to have more light strikes....
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Use the factory striker and factory striker spring. You're going to have more light strikes....
    Wayne, have you seen issues with the Zev Tech system? The guy at Zev guaranteed I wouldn't see light strikes on popular primers.
    I have a stronger spring I can put in. Not sure why I would remove a striker with extended firing pin and insert a standard one. Seems like simple physics to me.
    Cody

Site Supporter
    I would focus on getting your gun running, without stovepipes and light strikes, with OEM parts before you start throwing aftermarket parts in the mix. IMO, you have a number of issues going on right now and you're changing out too many parts.

I've got drawers full of aftermarket parts for Glocks. Everything is now stock on my Glocks, even the recoil spring. Well, the sights have been changed.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    I would focus on getting your gun running, without stovepipes and light strikes, with OEM parts before you start throwing aftermarket parts in the mix. IMO, you have a number of issues going on right now and you're changing out too many parts.
    So strongly agreed.....
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    So strongly agreed.....
    Strongly seconded

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

User Tag List