Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Debris inside Striker Channel, Brass Flakes, Gunk

Site Supporter
    It's been my experience that most of the parts out there for Glocks (with the Apex extractor being a huge exception) are simply items to separate you from your money. Until two things happen, I wouldn't change anything except sights. The first thing that must happen is the gun must run reliably. Yours doesn't, Cody, and reliability is job one. The next thing, is don't go changing a service grade pistol's parts with custom/aftermarket stuff until you can shoot the gun really well...like nearly outshoot the gun's potential from an accuracy standpoint.

ALL of the aftermarket triggers, connectors and strikers have s**t the bed that I've seen. Keep the stock parts in the gun and life will be better. Spend the money on ammo and solid training, not snake oil parts.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Thanks for everyone's sage advice. I will let everyone know how it goes.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

I ran this Glock 34 with the ZevTech drop-in trigger, Glockworx skeletonized extended firing pin and 2# spring at 9 IDPA and USPSA club matches (about 1200 rounds), plus another 650 rounds of practice between Jan and May this year. I then used it to win 1st place SSP MM at Maryland State IDPA and got a match bump.
    Results:
    Zero light Strikes;
    One stovepipe;
    Two FTF (which I diagnosed as a magazine issue);
    Zero double-feeds;
    Zero FTE;
    Zero failure to go into battery.

I really love the KKM barrel. It fits the slide much better than a standard OEM barrel. I didn't do a lot of bullseye shooting with it, but it does seem to be slightly more accurate than the OEM barrel that was originally in the gun.

I really like the ZevTech trigger although it's not the best trigger job I have ever used. But it is better than OEM that I had in there.

I don't shoot this gun much anymore since I went back to shooting the Cz 75 Shadow in ESP. I haven't decided what I will shoot for SSP, but I can go back to this Glock 34 or run the Cz in SSP (1st shot DA), or get a XDm and try that one out. I have a few friends who really love their XDm's and I like how it shoots.

Thanks for everyone's assistance while I worked through this early this year.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

User Tag List