Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wheels

Site Supporter

New Wheels

I got some new wheels today!! Once the heat eases up a bit, I'm hoping I can ride to work a few times a week.

I don't know much about pricing, but I got over 1/3rd off the MSRP since it was a 2010 model (CAAD9-5).

Last edited by JV_; 04-21-2013 at 11:13 AM. Reason: fixed pic

I like it.

Why not ride in the heat?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Why not ride in the heat?
    Today, my outdoor thermometer reached 3 digits. My ride to work will be over an hour; there are no showers.

Ahh, that changes things a bit. I have ~10 mile commute, one way, so it is a little different.

This your first road bike?

Site Supporter
    Yes, it is my first. I'm going to borrow my friends trainer, I need to start ASAP because he has some century plans for me.

Spandex, buy some.

Site Supporter
    I almost picked up some today, but I was pressed for time and the shop is 80 minutes from home. I needed to finish up before rush hour traffic started on the beltway.

Dude

Great looking ride. Sounds like a good deal as well. Last year I picked a Fugi Crosstown and have 2600 miles on it. Can't do a road bike my back won't survive being bent over in the drops. I would love to commute to work as well but there no safe way to get there, so I'm restricted to after work and weekends. I did get in a few half centurys in. When I don’t get in a few rides each week I notice a definite souring of my mood.

Good luck with the new ride.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Funny, I can just barely ride a bike. Never had one as a kid. My Pa had seen a child on a bike run over in the big city and he detested them and forbade them. I could handle the neighbors 20" banana seated stingray ok though. But he provided a set of a K-22 to shoot and a K-38 for some ($$$) shooting and dry fire which I had in my control since about age 9.

That's a nice looking bike. Riding with those funky racing handle bars is really the worst!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

You learn to love the handlebars. Wonderful pic, JV.

Keep the chain lubed. I like to degrease the gears and chain every couple of months with brake cleaner and relube with TriFlo.

Is there a local riding club?
    #RESIST

User Tag List