Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NY lawmakers want more gun control

Quote Originally Posted by jon volk View Post
    I technically prefer to differentiate between the two when it comes to the world of culinary arts.
    Oh certainly which is why I said I believe in technically contains pork products. I was implying that most people wouldn't consider it to be pork. A random gas station pulled pork sandwich is better than the McRib.

I can't pretend to be an expert on New York, but it's a regional issue in Illinois. If the Democratic leadership could get a party- line vote or even close to it, they could impose anything up to and including sweeping bans. The Republicans in Illinois couldn't stop it, mathematically, even if they somehow unified on the pro-gun side. They lose because a LOT of downstate Democrats (and, increasingly, urban members of the Black Caucus) buck the party line on guns.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

"Your hands than mine are quicker for a fray.
    My legs are longer though, to run away."
    --Helena of Athens

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Same with those Marxist bastards in Connecticut pretending to be freedom loving gun owners! Yeah!
    Yes. Please cut off the Connecticut state police if possible... they use SIG - can we get SIG to dump them as customers?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell, Esq. View Post
    Yes. Please cut off the Connecticut state police if possible... they use SIG - can we get SIG to dump them as customers?
    Great lets put those whose lives are on the line in more danger like the cops who responded to the New Town Shooting. Because we all know that the police made these laws and its their fault.
    Great logic. Lets divide ourselves as gun owners as much as possible and make this into an us vs them.
    Pat

So far this is playing out EXACTLY like recent discussions in the comments on a certain gun-news-and-editorial site. C'mon, folks, come up with an angle on this I haven't heard a million times already.

ETA: Except for the pork products tangent. That was new. " p-f.com: come for the topics, stay for the thread drift!"

A couple points before the hell that is SHOT.

Pro gun and Pro second amendment are two VERY different things. I look at it as a conservative and progressive issue without an R or a D as both parties have progressives who don t read the Constitution like conservatives do. Because you owned a 30" barreled shotgun once and are okay with heavily regulated hunting does not make a politician "Pro 2A". It makes the okay with heavily restricted recreational shooting, and there is not a single word about sporting or hunting in the 2nd amendment.

As far as L/E goes, the anti gun folks who like to say that only the Military and L/E should have guns would truthfully be just fine with them not having them either. They are not a friend to the street cop or soldier. What has changes is the change of the pro gun folks who now also look at L/E as the enemy. Police executive management is traditionally the issue. They didn't get there through the range or by being awesome street cops and crime fighters. When we start trying to punish the street cops we are creating an adversary out of a group that was an ally. A lot of damage has already been done. Does anyone really think that police politicians in the progressive liberal urban centers care a bit about how or even if their officers are armed? They don't. The criminal population would rather they were unarmed, and so would the liberal elite, so do we really want to join those groups?
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    Great lets put those whose lives are on the line in more danger like the cops who responded to the New Town Shooting.
    This is probably a drift but it brings up a question I've been wondering about. There seems to be this constant concern about public servants who put their lives on the line, which I understand. If I call for a cop then I need help. But the cop who shows up volunteered to be a cop and work a dangerous job. If putting your life on the line isn't something you want to do, then quit and do something else. So I guess the question I ponder is the how to identify the division between showing respectful care for folks who choose these lines of work and the danger it can create for liberties when we end up with a system where cops can do or say about anything and Joe Citizen is stuck with the results. Like the recent case of the FL driver in MD, as one example.

Nyeti--Well said!
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    When we start trying to punish the street cops we are creating an adversary out of a group that was an ally.
    Perhaps the normal street cops would do more to oppose the laws if they didn't get a carve out in the laws.

It's an interesting thought... A unified industry effort to cut off all sales and support to any state that doesn't demonstrate sufficient regard for the second amendment. That includes all firearms, ammo, and accessories, and all customers including...and especially...government and its agents. No exceptions, no exemptions.

Not going to happen, any more than the automakers and secondaries would cut off the states with restrictions that inhibit the good and promote the stupid in that industry.

After all, the gun and car business isn't about guns and cars. It's about business.

User Tag List