Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NY lawmakers want more gun control

NY lawmakers want more gun control

As gun-rights groups seek to overturn last year's gun law, gun-control groups Wednesday said they want additional regulations in New York.

On the one-year anniversary of the SAFE Act, the groups and Democratic lawmakers said New York shouldn't stop at the law passed last year.
    http://www.ithacajournal.com/article...nclick_check=1

Of course they do, remember their goal is to completely ban guns, as long as you can actually own a gun they are going to want more laws to make it more difficult.

Did someone say "Democrat?" How many "pro-2A" gun owners voted for these guys anyway?
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Why the firearms industry puts up with this and sell to the NY government that is trying to kill them off I do not understand.

Cut them off. No ammo, parts or guns.

Enforce what you want to...but do it without the firearms industry helping.

If Democrats have their way the only people with weapons of any kind will be the police and the military. Then the US will be just like all the other totalitarian regimes both past and present that have done away with the rights of citizens to self determination in the name of "the common good." I have decided to stop using the term "liberal democrat." It's redundant.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell, Esq. View Post
    Why the firearms industry puts up with this and sell to the NY government that is trying to kill them off I do not understand.

I'm with you on sentiment, but practically speaking the Feds will just step in as purchasing agent and fill the void. The only way to make it work is to stop selling to the Feds too, and any entity that would act as a buying agent for a "cut-off" customer. The only thing that gets hurt are NY's LGS's, which will evaporate. NY Legislators will call that a win, with only minor inconvenience.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell, Esq. View Post

Wouldnt that play right into the gun grabbers' hands?

A self imposed boycott would hurt the very people the antis in Albany want disarmed. From what l've seen of how Democrats view law enforcement in my time as a Chicago resident , they'd be just fine with the police being denied access to weapons and ammo along with Joe Citizen. The only reason the Cuomo-ites don't single out LE is because theyd have to answer to the police union.

In Chicago at least,at least half the Democrat majority city council would jump for joy at a disarmed CPD.They'd think "no ammo, no guns, no more minorities getting shot."

I'd be careful about lumping all democrats as gun-hating statists. I'm not trying to set I'm a fan of Cuomo, not in the slightest. There are a surprising number of pro-gun people that identify as democrats or liberals.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Will_H View Post
    I'd be careful about lumping all democrats as gun-hating statists. I'm not trying to set I'm a fan of Cuomo, not in the slightest. There are a surprising number of pro-gun people that identify as democrats or liberals.

The problem is if they're voting democrat. I don't care how pro-gun they are, if they pull for a 'D' on election day, they just took another round out of their chamber. I know plenty of people who are upset that they lost their jobs during this recession (after I specifically told them they would likely lose their job if they voted 'D', b/c it meant O'care, which meant trimming anything that isn't absolutely necessary to the function of their business-human costs), but they voted 'D' across the boards in the last few elections--they essentially voted their own demise.

The only thing worse than voting 'R' across the boards is 'D' as far as your rights are concerned.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

I would present Max Baucus as an example of a democrat that wants nothing to do with gun control.

On the other hand, you've got Howard Coble sponsoring the Undetectable Firearms Act, and Pat Toomey, who got plenty of face time for the failed background check bill.

My point is that there are people on both sides that would protect our rights, and people on both sides that would love to get rid of the Bill of Rights.

User Tag List