Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: St. Louis area training (especially good handgun basics?)

MTG hosting MAG40 at ISRA Range at Kankakee, IL

Midwest Training Group hosting MAG40 (taught by Massad Ayoob) in Kankakee, IL at the ISRA range.

I've actually taken MAG20C and MAG20R separately, last summer, but I still might think about this. It's expensive for repeating something I've already done, but it was a great experience and such a rush of information that I'm sure I'd benefit from doing it again. Also, it would be interesting to take the range hours from Ayoob himself and see what that's like.

"Your hands than mine are quicker for a fray.
    My legs are longer though, to run away."
    --Helena of Athens

Check these folks out...

http://www.asymmetricsolutionsusa.com/civilian/

A bit of a drive, almost 2 hours south of St. Louis, just below Farmington... There are several hotels within 20-30 minutes south of them and north of them...

Several folks I know have went there and gave the facility and instructors very good reviews...

I'm sending my girl there for her CCW class in a few weeks and I plan on taking several pistol and rifle course there this fall...

Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn View Post
    I'm about 1.5 hours out of St. Louis in Illinois, and I've never trained there. I've traveled to Wisconsin (long haul for me) and I'm currently seeing some Grey Group stuff in Arkansas that I could theoretically get to. I know there are good classes going through Indianapolis from time to time, and I could get down to Kentucky or Memphis. But there must be stuff happening in St. Louis, right? Bright lights, big city, and all that? Right now my best bet--of people who have classes scheduled already, anyway--looks to be making the six-hour drive to Rangemaster in Memphis. I'm keeping my eyes open for Midwest Training Group events in Bloomington, IL or in Indiana. But what goes on in St. Louis that I should keep in mind?
    LARUMINATI

NRA Endowment Life Member

User Tag List