Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If you had to construct a revolver battery

18 4"
    19 4"
    29 6.5"

I should have a .45 acp in the fold somewhere but haven't decided which one. The Model of 1989 is tempting but a 25-2 would be cool too. Then there's the ultra-tactical TR gun with a rail and all that.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

3" K frames and lots of them:

And of course Mr. Jovino would get to play:

Last edited by jlw; 01-11-2014 at 10:39 AM.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

I'd go back to my roots when I carried revolvers for a living. I'd use the 4" 66 for duty use, home defense or knocking around in the woods and a 6" model 19 for range play. My carry guns would be 3" 65s and old school Airweight model 38s or the current no lock 642s.

I would also like to have a 4" 29…….because Magnum.

Ken

So my God fearing semi-autos have disappeared and my revolvers are "Left Behind"?

JLW,

Great pics! I believe that the 3" K-Frames are the best carry revolver every made! I packed a 3" 65 for a lot of years in plainclothes and off-duty and much preferred it to the issued 2 1/2" 66. Nothing every pointed so well.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    JLW,

Great pics! I believe that the 3" K-Frames are the best carry revolver every made! I packed a 3" 65 for a lot of years in plainclothes and off-duty and much preferred it to the issued 2 1/2" 66. Nothing every pointed so well.

Ken
    Thank you, sir. I really like the balance of the 3"ers.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    JLW,

Ken
    I don't much care for revolvers, but the two that really struck me with the reverberations of 'huh, these might have been useful after all!' were my 3" M66 and my buddy's 4" HB RB M10 that he'd had Nelson Ford convert to DAO. Both are smooth, easy-pointing guns. I'd never trade in my autos for them, but if I had to use a wheelgun, those would be high on my list for everyday use.

Speaking of 3"ers, here is a 3" model 36 square butt. It is a great little trainer. I take it to our citizen classes for all of those ladies who have had a husband/boyfriend/brother/gun-shop-guy sell them a lightweight J frame. At least with this one they get the chance to get some shooting in without it hurting on both ends.

Forgive my S&W ignorance but do these 3" guns have a full stroke ejector rod?
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    Forgive my S&W ignorance but do these 3" guns have a full stroke ejector rod?

Yup.

User Tag List