Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 320

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

However, what I think is missing from your list is how the pistol recoils. That is pretty high on my list, closely following reliability and accuracy.
    Would you say recoil, or how the front sight returns? One of the things I really like about the P226 is, with my grip, the front sights returns to the notch on autopilot. With Glocks, I really have to pay more attention to my grip for the same level of consistency.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Would you say recoil, or how the front sight returns? One of the things I really like about the P226 is, with my grip, the front sights returns to the notch on autopilot. With Glocks, I really have to pay more attention to my grip for the same level of consistency.

Ken
    making the hit in the least amount of time!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Beyond that I think you are marching down the road called Subjectivity Lane. Fortunately, most all pistols can be shot close enough, that beyond accuracy and reliability it hardly matters, and it is just a process of picking the feature set you like.
    I'm marching right there with you. SIGs and Glocks have competed for my soul over the last 20 years. I finally decided that they each offer things the other doesn't and, more importantly, I shoot best with whatever I work the most. Go figure huh!

Ken

Leaving aside my ability to shoot good scores, or be able to defend myself, when it comes to my pure enjoyment of shooting, I think trigger is the single most important factor. Inevitably after shooting a Glock for a long (for me) stretch, like spring to fall, the thing I am sick of, is the Glock trigger. I can make the Glock trigger work, but it is sort of like eating McDonald's -- it gets the job done but isn't real enjoyable. Fortunately, or unfortunately, I do some of my best shooting with a Glock, which keeps bringing me back.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    The bore axis issue while not a deal breaker is still a disadvantage. I noticed it quite a bit when I went from a HK USP in 45 acp to a department issued Glock 21 back 12 years ago or so. (been through a lot of guns since then) The greater the recoil the more noticeable it is. With 9mm's its not as much of an issue but its still there. Basically put you have two pistols that are equal in other areas the lower bore axis should be a tie breaker in my opinion.
    Pat
    The full size HK USP pistols utilize a completely different recoil spring design which gives them very unique recoil characteristics.

If someone offered me the choice between a Glock 17 and a Glock 17 with a lower bore axis, I'd choose whichever one was cheaper.

Site Supporter
    Leaving aside my ability to shoot good scores, or be able to defend myself, when it comes to my pure enjoyment of shooting, I think trigger is the single most important factor. Inevitably after shooting a Glock for a long (for me) stretch, like spring to fall, the thing I am sick of, is the Glock trigger. I can make the Glock trigger work, but it is sort of like eating McDonald's -- it gets the job done but isn't real enjoyable. Fortunately, or unfortunately, I do some of my best shooting with a Glock, which keeps bringing me back.
    Word.
    For me, the trigger has always been a lot more important than how low the bore axis is. As it stands, I never really liked DA/SA triggers, but then that may be because I've always shot a Glock better than almost any other gun. I've tried SIG and found the slide release isn't my taste. I've tried the M&P and found the trigger isn't really my taste. I've tried 1911's and then decided that I'm not a super knowledgeable gunsmith so I'd best stay away.
    It all comes down to Glock for one reason or another. Though I do admit to a desire to run a few boxes through a Beretta 92......

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    With Glocks, I really have to pay more attention to my grip for the same level of consistency.
    It was just last Friday that I was telling FredM that I appreciate how much less finicky my Glock is about my grip. With the 226, I have to really clamp down with my weak hand. Now, when I properly clamp down, it gun tracks really well.

I notice that as well. When I grip the glock it feels as though I am gripping it much harder than the sig when I am not. I think it's because on the glock I can sort of ratchet the support hand grip in where the sig I have to totally rely on hand strength.

Site Supporter
    One last data point: When shooting hot ammo, like +P or NATO, I find the 229 tracks better than a 226 - a lot better. I'm guessing that they share the same bore height, and the difference is primarily slide weight (& spring).
    Last edited by JV_; 01-12-2014 at 02:51 PM.

its almost like if sig were to create a 229 with a beveled magazine well it would be perfect....

User Tag List