Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: ShotMaxx Wristwatch Timer

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Eli, does battery indicator only show that it is being charged, or it also shows partial/full charge status?
    Got mine earlier this week, it's been connected to different USB ports for some time now, the battery indicator is still only half lit.
    Hi, the battery icon is a fixed icon by which it can only show half charge. However, if you press the Set button in Watch Mode several times, you will get to the battery status screen where you can see the actual battery level in % out of 100.

Hope it helps.
    Eli.

One issue I had with mine is it wouldn't charge, until I updated the firmware. It came to me 20% charged. I left it overnight hooked up to the computer and it was 20% in the morning. I updated the firmware using my Mac and the unit started charging.
    Kent

Wouldn't it be cool if the Shotmaxx Bluetooth could feed Practiscore and RangeLog?
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Eli, thanks for the answer.

Tried mine today. There's is certainly a room for improvement, but on a big sceme it is a game-changer for my practice and training.

Send me an email with your comments - we always keen to hear what our customers have to say.
    eli@doublealpha.biz

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Eli, thanks for the answer.

Tried mine today. There's is certainly a room for improvement, but on a big sceme it is a game-changer for my practice and training.

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    I've been very interested in this product for a while, and news like this just reinforces that interest:
    Quote Originally Posted by DAA View Post
    Good news - the Android APIs for the SHOTMAXX are now available - http://www.shotmaxx.com/support/
    I'm curious about the logistics of the accelerometer (which I think is a brilliant inclusion, by the way).

In the demo video, the discriminating functionality of the accelerometer is demonstrated by shooting the pistol in the right hand, while the timer is worn on the (separated) left wrist. It is shown that even at this close range, the timer will not register the shots, proving that it can be used on the noisiest of ranges.

This is impressive, but it brings up a host of questions about using it in accelerometer mode. I see my first one is answered on the FAQ: "...if you wish to shoot one-handed, the SHOTMAXX has to be on the wrist of the hand holding the gun for [the accelerometer] to work correctly."

Given this consideration, not to mention the fact that I'd prefer to keep my 'regular' watch on my left wrist, is there any reason not to always wear the Shotmaxx on my right wrist when shooting?

Is the accelerometer looking for a certain peak reading of g's? Or x levels within y time? Or a certain amount of back-and-forth? What I'm trying to understand is how the timer differentiates between recoil versus... say... smacking your baseplate during a tap-rack-bang drill. How easy is it to register a false-positive for a rapid acceleration of the wrist that wasn't actually due to recoil?

Has the accelerometer functionality been tested with long guns? While I realize that long guns are more likely to be used outdoors, and outdoors might afford better usage of the mic, I'm curious as to whether the accelerometer is only for handguns.
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

Send me an email with your comments - we always keen to hear what our customers have to say.
    eli@doublealpha.biz

I will, once I have spent reasonable time with it. So far my biggest complaint is how easy it is to accidentally press the buttons; makes the unit practically impossible to wear as a watch.

Hi,

Correct the watch, when used in Acc mode, has to be worn on the shooting hand (wrist). Otherwise it will not pick up any shots. No reason of why not wearing it aways on the shooting wrist - it is up to you really.

You will find it pretty hard, if not impossible to register a false reading using the Acc. Besides the unique detection algorithm, when Acc is in use, it ALSO looks for a sound of a shot at the same time of the recoil. It should work pretty well for long guns as well.

Hope it helps,
    Eli.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    I've been very interested in this product for a while, and news like this just reinforces that interest:

I'm curious about the logistics of the accelerometer (which I think is a brilliant inclusion, by the way).

In the demo video, the discriminating functionality of the accelerometer is demonstrated by shooting the pistol in the right hand, while the timer is worn on the (separated) left wrist. It is shown that even at this close range, the timer will not register the shots, proving that it can be used on the noisiest of ranges.

This is impressive, but it brings up a host of questions about using it in accelerometer mode. I see my first one is answered on the FAQ: "...if you wish to shoot one-handed, the SHOTMAXX has to be on the wrist of the hand holding the gun for [the accelerometer] to work correctly."

Given this consideration, not to mention the fact that I'd prefer to keep my 'regular' watch on my left wrist, is there any reason not to always wear the Shotmaxx on my right wrist when shooting?

Is the accelerometer looking for a certain peak reading of g's? Or x levels within y time? Or a certain amount of back-and-forth? What I'm trying to understand is how the timer differentiates between recoil versus... say... smacking your baseplate during a tap-rack-bang drill. How easy is it to register a false-positive for a rapid acceleration of the wrist that wasn't actually due to recoil?

Has the accelerometer functionality been tested with long guns? While I realize that long guns are more likely to be used outdoors, and outdoors might afford better usage of the mic, I'm curious as to whether the accelerometer is only for handguns.

Good news! SHOTMAXX iOS / Android APIs are ready and available for download here: http://www.shotmaxx.com/support/

Feel free to develop your apps!

All the best,
    Eli.

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Hope it helps
    Indeed! Thanks for the fast response.
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

User Tag List