Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: ShotMaxx Wristwatch Timer

Firmware version 3043 - please update!

Hello everyone,

Please update to the latest firmware (3043) available here: http://www.shotmaxx.com/support/
    Also go through the full user manual which is also available online.

Latest improvements:
    - Battery consumption refinements.
    - Bluetooth bug dixes.
    - Spy Mode - custom delay.
    - Spy mode - other improvements.

Thanks,
    Eli.

Good news folks - Shotmaxx skins and screen protectors are available now:
    http://www.doublealpha.biz/shotmaxx/...-silicone-skin

Today was my second session with it since I bought it a couple of months ago. The accelerometer failed miserably. It started OK, but after a while stopped detecting anything other than a first shot, and even that with 0.5 sec delay. Bummed.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Today was my second session with it since I bought it a couple of months ago. The accelerometer failed miserably. It started OK, but after a while stopped detecting anything other than a first shot, and even that with 0.5 sec delay. Bummed.
    Perhaps it would be wise to email us first to see if we can help. Posting problems on forums might get you somewhere, but if you need some technical help and, better you email us than posting. It is hard to monitor all the various forums and pickup these messages.
    Email me at eli@doublealpha.biz and I will do my best to help you out.

Thanks,
    Eli.

Hi All,

A new firmware has been released today. Please download and update - critical bug fixes.
    http://www.shotmaxx.com/support/

Thanks,
    Eli.

Yes, I will email you if it keeps doing it after a firmware update.

My post wasn't a CS request though, but a data point to my community that's been collecting info about your timer for 14 pages now. Just like people report malfunctioning guns etc. I am pretty sure we'll be able to resolve this.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Yes, I will email you if it keeps doing it after a firmware update.

My post wasn't a CS request though, but a data point to my community that's been collecting info about your timer for 14 pages now. Just like people report malfunctioning guns etc. I am pretty sure we'll be able to resolve this.
    If you send me more data (email) then I will be able to assist.
    Thanks, Eli.

Just got mine. Is there a possibility that the timer can receive setup from a phone moving forward? Here's what I am thinking:

1) Set up practice session in phone (like the current Android app allows)
    2) Turn on BT and pair/connect to timer.
    3) Hit "start session" on phone, and it sends the first drill parameters to the timer (par time, delay, number of shots, etc.)
    4) Hit "start" on the timer and run first drill.
    5) After drill, hit "rev" button to automatically send results to phone, which then moves to the next drill.
    6) Repeat for subsequent drills until the phone tells the timer the session is over.

This would put the Shotmaxx over the top as far as functionality over anything else on the market. I am not sure how much room you have left for the firmware, or if the hardware is even able to receive rather than just transmit with its pairing structure, but being able to run an entire session without playing with buttons on the phone/timer would be AMAZING.

Also, I'd love to see a "minimum delay" setting for the random delay. Sometime two seconds isn't enough.
    Last edited by Rick Finsta; 08-10-2014 at 12:50 PM.
    Outrunning my headlights since '81.

Hi All,

I recently purchased a ShotMaxx watch from Fast Toys in Canada. I've tried several times to update the firmware on the watch to the latest version. I've installed the programs as per the update guide, uninstalled, re-installed (3 times), changed cables, and am still not able to update the firmware. I've also installed the firmware update software on my Mac laptop, and am not able to update with that computer either.

I'm running Windows 7, 64bit.

Have anyone experienced this issue before and what are some trouble shooting options? I'm going to try to update the firmware on a different PC in the morning at my office.

Thank you for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydro View Post
    Hi All,

I recently purchased a ShotMaxx watch from Fast Toys in Canada. I've tried several times to update the firmware on the watch to the latest version. I've installed the programs as per the update guide, uninstalled, re-installed (3 times), changed cables, and am still not able to update the firmware. I've also installed the firmware update software on my Mac laptop, and am not able to update with that computer either.

I'm running Windows 7, 64bit.

Have anyone experienced this issue before and what are some trouble shooting options? I'm going to try to update the firmware on a different PC in the morning at my office.

Thank you for the help.
    I had issues early on as my Mac s/w was a tad too old to be compatible. DAA has updated their f/w updater and I've updated my Mac so between the two that's no longer an issue.

What's it doing? You can't get the installer program to run? Can't select the firmware from a list?
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

User Tag List