1.9 inch group with Freedom Munitions 115 grain XTP at 25 yards

Name:  IMG_20140612_160606 (640x480).jpg
Views: 482
Size:  17.9 KB

~2 or so inch group at 25 yards with CCI Blazer

Name:  IMG_20140612_165847 (640x480).jpg
Views: 490
Size:  17.4 KB

2.4 inch group at 25 yards with Tula (steel cased)

I shot 375 rounds and only quit because the range was closing. I also cleaned Dot Torture at 5 yards for the first time in ages, and the sights on this gun suck. But for a 700 dollar gun, groups like that are kittening stupid good.

Qualitative impressions of the trigger and feel of the pistol in recoil?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Is that benched or free style? Please say free style...
    Participation does not equal Proficiency
    - Mike Pannone

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    So uh, this gun is pretty awesome.

Name:  IMG_20140612_170059 (640x480).jpg
Size:  18.8 KB

1.7 inch group with Hornady Critical Defense at 25 yards

Name:  IMG_20140612_160631 (640x480).jpg

1.9 inch group with Freedom Munitions 115 grain XTP at 25 yards

Name:  IMG_20140612_160606 (640x480).jpg
Views: 482
Size:  17.9 KB

~2 or so inch group at 25 yards with CCI Blazer

Name:  IMG_20140612_165847 (640x480).jpg

2.4 inch group at 25 yards with Tula (steel cased)

I shot 375 rounds and only quit because the range was closing. I also cleaned Dot Torture at 5 yards for the first time in ages, and the sights on this gun suck. But for a 700 dollar gun, groups like that are kittening stupid good.

Why did you stop typing? More info!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Is that benched or free style? Please say free style...
    Standing, free style how I prefer to roll. I was getting weird mechanical flyers when I tried to bench it. I should really get a Ransom Rest, I bet this gun would do an inch, easy.

The trigger feels like really good striker trigger, better than a stock Gen 4 34, and honestly just as good as the Sig 320 or the PPQ. Between the three I'd probably say this has the best, but you're splitting microns at that point. The medium size backstrap left a bit of a void at the top of my grip near of the web of my hand. This made felt recoil a bit snappier than the Px4 I've been shooting primarily. This was addressed quite simply by going with the large backstrap, large left side panel, and medium right.

It shot to the sights and maybe a skosh right. I also shot a 92/99 on the 99 drill, closest I've ever come to cleaning it. I'm going to shoot the Humbler next week.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    FWIW, I can hit a 2" circle at 25 yards offhand all day long using my P30s when using reasonable ammo. So the accuracy does not surprise me.

The P30 also isn't terribly fond of steel cased ammo. The only stoppages I've experienced with my HKs have occurred when feeding them steel cased ammo. Even at that there have only been a couple of them.
    3/15/2016

Looks like H&K went "all in" on this one.
    It's basically everything people have been looking for in a striker fired polymer service pistol from H&K, including a competitive price.

There are a couple of things they have to do to make this work:
    • get enough pistols on the shelf to meet demand
    • have enough spare mags on hand to meet demand
    • get some holster makers on board with "ready to ship" holsters
    • get Trijicon, Heinie, Meprolight, Ameriglo etc. on board with multiple sight options
    • make sure their spare parts supply is well stocked and their customer service is ready to rock

I have a feeling that this is H&K's major push for the US market... sink or swim time for HK-USA.
    Whether they turn into a major player like S&W and Glock or go back to their current place as a smaller presence (or even turn into a bit player like Walther) will be determined by how much support this new pistol gets.
    I hope they get it right but the Germans always seem to drop the ball when it comes to actively encouraging aftermarket support (see Walther), and we Americans like our sight and holster options.
    The P2000 has been out for what 13+ years and has the largest Fed LEO contract in the US with the USBP, yet you hardly ever see one in civilian hands, holsters are almost impossible to find even from custom makers and sight options can be counted on one hand with fingers left over.
    Don't even get me started on Walther and their incompetence when it comes to customer support and parts/accessory availability.
    Last edited by JodyH; 06-12-2014 at 08:46 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I gotta ask. So it sounds like an insane amount of r&d went into this pistol (more than even the p30 or hk45)... Yet it costs less than either! How's that happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    I gotta ask. So it sounds like an insane amount of r&d went into this pistol (more than even the p30 or hk45)... Yet it costs less than either! How's that happen?
    I think they're going for market share instead of margin.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

JodyH, I talked with a distributor today and HK is freaking slammed with demand already. As for sight options they did right with keeping the P30 profiled sights because there are already some good options out there. As far as the customer service goes I was told there is some new blood within rolling heads right now trying to get the house in order. Spare parts availability/producing enough guns to meet demand will be the two largest issues I think. Hopefully they have some super secret warehouse filled to the brim with these guns just waiting for distribution day.

User Tag List