Page 116 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1514

Thread: HK Striker Fired

Thanks for the correction, all. When I was looking to get one I was given bad info I guess. My apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by JMorse View Post
    Thanks for the correction, all. When I was looking to get one I was given bad info I guess. My apologies.

No problem, I've never looked for them before but know we do have them now.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Its the V1 LS with the safety and the LEM that are hens teeth and the V1 S (standard frame and slide) that is non-existent from the factory.
    Isn't it possible to convert a V3 DA/SA P30S or P30LS to a V1 LEM and retain the safety? I seem to remember a guide showing a how-to posted somewhere.
    Sheep Have Wool

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep Have Wool View Post
    Isn't it possible to convert a V3 DA/SA P30S or P30LS to a V1 LEM and retain the safety? I seem to remember a guide showing a how-to posted somewhere.
    Yes, but it leaves a gap in the back and is not a factory recommended conversion.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

yes. Its also apparently possible to make a decocker LEM...an LEM than decocks back to Double Action. Which I'd love to have, purely for practice, since I don't own any DA/SA guns. There was a thread on HK Pro about the conversion. Looked complicated though, and probably voids warranty.

Rare, eh?

Name:  IMG_20131114_164018.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  64.6 KB

In all fairness, it's possible you have the only one in existence...

Quote Originally Posted by JMorse View Post
    In all fairness, it's possible you have the only one in existence...
    Maybe I shouldn't be carrying it on duty then.... :O

I have two of the 9mm P30LS V1's, both set up with custom Dawson sights regulated at Dawson. They are glorious pistols. They would make a near perfect police duty pistol. Unfortunately for everyone else.......they only brought in 500 of them in each caliber and they were usually sucked up by the competition folks.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    yes. Its also apparently possible to make a decocker LEM...an LEM than decocks back to Double Action. Which I'd love to have, purely for practice, since I don't own any DA/SA guns. There was a thread on HK Pro about the conversion. Looked complicated though, and probably voids warranty.
    turning a V3 into a V2/V1 does technically void the warranty, if you send it back to HK for warranty work with it like that. (not saying to do anything dishonest btw.)
    V2 <-> V1 is allowed all day long.
    the 'decocker LEM' you're thinking of is actually termed a V0 and they apparently did configure it like that over in Europe for some agency there (I want to say Swedish police, but don't quote me on that.)
    it was NOT however brought to the U.S. so it is NOT a supported/warrantied configuration here.
    I personally desire to convert at least one of my V3 guns to V1 and have looked at the procedure. It's not as complex as you might think, but getting all the parts to make it happen (you can't just call up HK and ask for a kit like the USP or HK45) can be problematic at times. I haven't called HKCS lately to see if they're all available (I have all the part numbers already) so if you wanted to try you might get lucky.
    Last edited by hufnagel; 10-15-2014 at 07:07 AM.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

User Tag List