Page 115 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1514

Thread: HK Striker Fired

Site Supporter
    On another note, has anyone had any hands on with the new Heinie EZ Lock Ledge sights for the VP9 / P30 / HK45 ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    On another note, has anyone had any hands on with the new Heinie EZ Lock Ledge sights for the VP9 / P30 / HK45 ?
    I've had a set for about a month or so. The set screws for the front sight were the wrong size (known issue with initial batch) but my gun smith had the proper size. I've found they shoot a little low for me as they are supposedly "shoot the dot" sights and I use the top of the front sight post. I've been meaning to shoot for groups and possibly order a custom front sight from Dawson that isn't set up to shoot the dot but haven't had a chance yet. Maybe this weekend.

Generally speaking I like them, just wish the front post was shorter.

Site Supporter
    Thanks.

Are these on a VP-9 ?

Do you usually use a 6 o'clock hold or cutting the target in half with the top edge of the front sight (sight picture number 2) ?

Quote Originally Posted by davisj View Post
    I've had a set for about a month or so. The set screws for the front sight were the wrong size (known issue with initial batch) but my gun smith had the proper size. I've found they shoot a little low for me as they are supposedly "shoot the dot" sights and I use the top of the front sight post. I've been meaning to shoot for groups and possibly order a custom front sight from Dawson that isn't set up to shoot the dot but haven't had a chance yet. Maybe this weekend.

Generally speaking I like them, just wish the front post was shorter.
    davisj, Care to post a photo? I looked through their website and couldn't find a photo of one installed on a P30/HK45/VP9.

These are on a VP9. I cut the target, do not use a 6:00 hold. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics.

Nice, thanks for posting the photos. I might have to pull a set of 10-8's off and give these a shot.

DavisJ are the screws "grub" screws as in they just bear against the bottom of the dovetail, or is there some sort of bar or mechanism that is pulled up against the upper angled part of the dovetail? Same for both front and rear?

Quote Originally Posted by JMorse View Post
    As I understand it, the P30L V1 doesn't exist from the factory.

If you're in SoCal I can recommend a couple good places for your SSE.
    LOL, our shop has one standard and L with five more V1 L's on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by JMorse View Post
    As I understand it, the P30L V1 doesn't exist from the factory.

If you're in SoCal I can recommend a couple good places for your SSE.
    Its the V1 LS with the safety and the LEM that are hens teeth and the V1 S (standard frame and slide) that is non-existent from the factory.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

tomr, I can't answer for sure but the previous Heinie sights I had installed on my P30 were just "grub" screws that pressed against the bottom of the dove tail. The sights in the photo look exactly the same as the previous pair I had installed minus the relief cut on the rear sight to create the ledge. I do love that the Heinies have two set screws on the front sight and rear. My 10-8's on my VP9 are super tight but having the two set screws front and rear combined with a tight fit and some loctite give some added piece of mind. The 10-8's only have one on the rear.

My only gripe about the Heinies was how thin the front sight post was, and the lack of the rear ledge. The front sight didn't seem very robust and the jack wagon that did the install on my old P30 dinged them pretty good. It even seemed as if they were tweaked a little but I wasn't 100% because they were still super accurate.

User Tag List