Page 107 of 152 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1514

Thread: HK Striker Fired

VP9 trigger issue went away with dry firing.

JBP55:
    excess flashing from the molding process possibly? a tolerance issue/failure? is there a visible change to the polymer where the spring was contacting it?

curious and interested to learn so if I hear of similar complaints in the future I can make a worth while recommendation.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    JBP55:
    excess flashing from the molding process possibly? a tolerance issue/failure? is there a visible change to the polymer where the spring was contacting it?

curious and interested to learn so if I hear of similar complaints in the future I can make a worth while recommendation.
    Probably #1, the spring seemed to catch on the polymer near the bottom and jerk as it pulled free. I will try to look at it again today and let you know what I can see.

Shot my People's Pistol this weekend. I have a TLR-1 on it for HD use. It is nice. Picked it up and put some sufficient groups on the paper bad man.

Disclaimer: Shot my P30 V1 right after the 200 rounds through the VP, and I think it was the worst 100 rounds I've fired in years. So bad I had to go back to the range the next day with only my P30, and make sure I hadn't somehow ruined myself.

Quote Originally Posted by BoppaBear View Post
    Shot my People's Pistol this weekend. I have a TLR-1 on it for HD use. It is nice. Picked it up and put some sufficient groups on the paper bad man.

Disclaimer: Shot my P30 V1 right after the 200 rounds through the VP, and I think it was the worst 100 rounds I've fired in years. So bad I had to go back to the range the next day with only my P30, and make sure I hadn't somehow ruined myself.
    I can somewhat relate to this.

I so wish that H&K had extended the striker indicator out the back of the slide a la the PPS. I picked up a P30 V1 just prior to the VP9 release for experimentation with AIWB as I'd like to be able to carry a full size pistol and don't currently feel comfortable trying it without a hammer or similar "safety aid." I love the ergonomics of the P30 but would very much like to have a trigger that's easier to transition to from the M&P.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Even if they had, it wouldn't do what you want it to do. The VP9 striker is fully tensioned when the trigger is fully forward and the striker does not move rearward at all as the trigger is pulled.
    Ah, didn't think about that. Thanks for the clarification.

I played with one, a fair amount... Honestly, my EDC gen3 Glock with dot connector has a better trigger, and a broken in PPQ feels like it's half the weight with shorter reset. To each their own... But the trigger doesn't feel like a (street price) $600 gun. Also, the trigger guard rubs the living s$&t out of my trigger finger.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    HK VP9 Trigger Issue.

I handled and dry fired a new unfired HK VP9 today that was just purchased by a friend why was ready to send it back to HK. I talked him into calling the selling dealer who has a gunsmith.
    He was told to bring it back and let the gunsmith check it out.
    After a slightly rough take up the trigger would hit a snag then jerk and hit the wall. The trigger pull at the wall and the reset worked great but the pre travel was not good at all.
    The spring on the right side inside the frame is catching on the polymer where it connects at the bottom.
    The sloped rear sight is not made for racking the slide. The charging handles hit your hand hard when aggressively using the over hand method racking the slide.
    I will post more after the pistol is fixed or replaced. I am looking forward to shooting it.
    UPDATE: The trigger issue never went away and HK approved the owners request for the selling dealer to send it back to HK. Before sending it back the owner decided to fire it with the quirky trigger and shot 15 rounds at 25 yards freestyle into a 5" circle.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    UPDATE: The trigger issue never went away and HK approved the owners request for the selling dealer to send it back to HK. Before sending it back the owner decided to fire it with the quirky trigger and shot 15 rounds at 25 yards freestyle into a 5" circle.
    Sorry, I can't resist.

I am not disparaging the VP9, it is most likely a very, very good gun but all the "hype" leading up to the release of this gun and how it was going to be the "uber gun" because it wasn't going to have all the "quality issues" that Glock has really got under my skin being that I used to deal with quality issues all the time and everyone always looks at instances of bad quality vs the actual reject rate and that is a pet peeve of mine.

Since I am not privy on the real number of guns in circulation of any manufacturer I will just use my available data which is what is currently for sale on Gunbroker as an approximation.

Based on Gunbroker data there are 354 Glock 19s currently for sale. There are 33 VP9s for sale.

So roughly a 10 to one ratio of just Glock 19s to VP9s.

So this one pistol needing to go back to the factory is the equivalent of 10 Glock 19s having to go back to the mother ship in Smyrna.

That is just right now. Not counting all the production of Glock 19s up to this day.

If you look at all the other Glocks currently available (Currently 2817 on GB) it is an 85 to 1 ratio. Which would mean there could be 85 problem Glocks and still be the same reject rate as the VP9 has demonstrated based on this albeit not terribly accurate data set.

In reality, total production wise, there is probably a much larger ratio of Glock to HK production.

Just something to reinforce my posts earlier in this monumentally long thread.

And again, I am not trying to say that the VP9 is a bad gun. I actually want to try one out myself.

User Tag List