Page 101 of 152 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1514

Thread: HK Striker Fired

You just thought finding accessories for HK was a pain in the butt until you start looking for FN stuff.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    You just thought finding accessories for HK was a pain in the butt until you start looking for FN stuff.
    What accessories? With a Glock, leaving aside a Gadget, I change the connector, magazine release, sights and add a grip plug to a "stock" Glock 17.

With the FNS, which came with night sights for under $500, I painted the front sight orange with my Sharpie paint stick, and it is otherwise stock. HD sights are available from Brownell's. I have a JM AIWB holster, ALS holster and a BT OWB on the way. Spare parts available here: http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/.../fn-fns-pistol

What other accessories am I looking for?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    In dry firing and shooting my HK VP9 and FNS, I prefer the FNS to the VP9.

Both are accurate. The FNS has the option of a thumb safety. FNS magazines hold 17 in 9 versus 15 in the HK. FNS mag well is more favorable. Trigger has broken in on the FNS to be very shootable. I can get higher on the FNS, and I like the mini beavertail on the FNS. I prefer the mag release on the FNS. FNS costs $200 less.
    I'm thinking that the FNS could be a dark horse in an Army pistol program should such a thing actually advance.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

What accessories? With a Glock, leaving aside a Gadget, I change the connector, magazine release, sights and add a grip plug to a "stock" Glock 17.

With the FNS, which came with night sights for under $500, I painted the front sight orange with my Sharpie paint stick, and it is otherwise stock. HD sights are available from Brownell's. I have a JM AIWB holster, ALS holster and a BT OWB on the way. Spare parts available here: http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/.../fn-fns-pistol

What other accessories am I looking for?
    That last question has never really been answered, that I've seen. Sights, holster, springs... and maybe some spare parts. But you can get those easier with a Glock, somehow. Click add to cart is just as easy as another website's add to cart, not like those bits are at walmart.

Availability of spare parts and magazines is a consideration to some. I can walk into nearly any gun store/gun show in my immediate area and walk out with a bucket of spare Glock parts and magazines. Can't do the same for my FNS9 or VP9. Sure, I have the internet, but if I wanted or had to solely rely on my local gun shop for replacement parts and magazines, Glock better serves my needs in that regard.

In dry firing and shooting my HK VP9 and FNS, I prefer the FNS to the VP9.

Both are accurate. The FNS has the option of a thumb safety. FNS magazines hold 17 in 9 versus 15 in the HK. FNS mag well is more favorable. Trigger has broken in on the FNS to be very shootable. I can get higher on the FNS, and I like the mini beavertail on the FNS. I prefer the mag release on the FNS. FNS costs $200 less.
    Dude, the magwell on the FNS is HUGE. Reloads with that thing are totally bitchin'.

FN has a rebate program happening right now for those who're interested: http://distinctrewards.fnhusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Availability of spare parts and magazines is a consideration to some. I can walk into nearly any gun store/gun show in my immediate area and walk out with a bucket of spare Glock parts and magazines. Can't do the same for my FNS9 or VP9. Sure, I have the internet, but if I wanted or had to solely rely on my local gun shop for replacement parts and magazines, Glock better serves my needs in that regard.
    Ah, good looking out for the original poster if he's like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Haraise View Post
    Ah, good looking out for the original poster if he's like this:

Its a good idea to note even if the OP isnt tech anti-savvy. California recently proposed a turd of law banning ammunition deliveries, making an FFL the sole point of contact for ammo sales . How long will it be before someone in the White House thinks its a great idea to do the same with evil, children killing standard capacity magazines?

Perhaps that is just bovine speculation, but DC never met a bad gun law it didnt like.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Has anyone detail stripped one of these yet? Know of any diagrams or videos demonstrating a how-to?

User Tag List