Page 120 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1514

Thread: HK Striker Fired

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    As far as pure mechanical accuracy, if people want to believe that the HK's are just like Glocks and M&P's as far as mechanical accuracy......fine. In the fantasy land that I live in with my herd of unicorn's, a majority of my HK's will deliver consistent mechanical accuracy that is more in line with other folks pistols after the installation of after market match barrels........but others are obviously seeing something different and many are getting totally scammed by many of the companies selling aftermarket match barrels. Even guys like Hilton Yam, hardly an HK lover (Hilton is a longtime friend, so no hate mail) has grudgingly admitted that he is impressed with how accurate HK pistols are out of the box.........and he may have some experience with these things.
    My two VP9s can shoot roughly a 10-round group into 1.8" CTC at 25 yards. I've seen a group or two slightly better than that posted by others, but I haven't been able to match it.

My Glocks can't compare to the H&Ks without a re-barrel and my M&Ps were 6" guns. With a fitted barrel, my example of a Glock can shoot with the VP9s. I should've mentioned that above in my comparison, as that is the pistol I shoot regularly. I still drop more shots.

However, my CZs can roughly equal the H&Ks out of the box, so, weasel words, "it depends" on what gun the H&K is being compared to and that is the point I was trying to articulate.

Never said the Glock was sketchy for threat management. It is less forgiving of errors, just like the VP 9, and the PPQ seems to be even less forgiving to me. Keep in mind, I also set my Glocks up with more take up than stock and less reset. Given the choice, my VP9 would be similar with a little less reset, but I do like the take up feel and how the trigger builds to break. I have always contended that in my opinion, the LEM has the benefits of the DA/SA gun as far as movement, but without having to build the momentum, and an easier pre and post shooting process than the DA/SA guns and the SA only condition 1 carried pistols. It is why I love the thing as an "issue service gun" versus other systems. I had to learn to like the LEM in that role, but have become an advocate as an LE trigger, particularly in the V1 or the TLG variants. I have nothing against the Glock trigger in particular. I have a ton, have carried them as duty guns, pointed them at lots of people, and even have a guy out there with a perfect muzzle end of a Glock 17 scared into the side of his head from a 1988 arrest. You can very safely run them. I just don't think they are good gun to hand out to the barely trained non-dedicated user (including a bunch of LE) like candy for the primary purpose of manageing humans in a high stress environment at the end of the gun.
    Additionally, the VP9 runs over everything as far as service pistols with the built in design features to prevent ND's while "cleaning". ND's during "cleaning" are the FAR more prevalent than what we hear about, and is very much a uniquely "Glock thing" that has come to many agency's with Glock adoption. Again, everything has plusses or minuses. If they didn't there would be one gun forum on the net, and we would only need a single handgun.
    As far as pure mechanical accuracy, if people want to believe that the HK's are just like Glocks and M&P's as far as mechanical accuracy......fine. In the fantasy land that I live in with my herd of unicorn's, a majority of my HK's will deliver consistent mechanical accuracy that is more in line with other folks pistols after the installation of after market match barrels........but others are obviously seeing something different and many are getting totally scammed by many of the companies selling aftermarket match barrels. Even guys like Hilton Yam, hardly an HK lover (Hilton is a longtime friend, so no hate mail) has grudgingly admitted that he is impressed with how accurate HK pistols are out of the box.........and he may have some experience with these things.
    Ok, thanks. I mis-remembered the details and context of the LEM vs speed shooting focused striker trigger thing.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Nyeti,

What holsters are you using for the VP9? Right now I have a JM Custom VP9 AIWB that I am using for my P30, and once I buy the VP9 I will see if I am comfortable carrying it AIWB. I may buy a JM Custom IWB if I decide to carry the VP9, but as of now it will be a night stand gun.

The LEM makes me feel better about carrying and most importantly, practicing AIWB. I carried my Glocks AIWB, but I need to experience the VP9 for myself in order to make this decision. With the trigger weights reported online anywhere from 4.25 to 5.5+ lbs I will have to see exactly how my VP9 compares to the rest.

Crap, Crap, Crap……

I went to the candy store at lunch just to see what the fuss was about.

Now I want one. The trigger blows away any of my Glocks, even one with a Vanek Master GSSF kit.

Surprisingly, the trough in the trigger guard didn't both me like the P30s I've shot. Not sure why, maybe a different grip combo?

The smaller levers/controls were a big plus for my large hands.

LSP972 has been trying to get me into an HK for some time but I've never shot one I preferred over a SIG or Glock. Times might be changing…..

Armordillo X-Fer with a Surefire X300 for daily carry at about 2:00-2:30 with a matching mag pouch. Tap Rack Kydex for range holsters. I have another VP9 inbound with Crocodile and Horsehide on order from JR Custom for it.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Armordillo X-Fer with a Surefire X300 for daily carry at about 2:00-2:30 with a matching mag pouch. Tap Rack Kydex for range holsters. I have another VP9 inbound with Crocodile and Horsehide on order from JR Custom for it.
    I will give you $200 for each of your P2000 and P2000SK pistols with LEM triggers. Don't want you confused going back and forth between the game trigger and LEM.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I will give you $200 for each of your P2000 and P2000SK pistols with LEM triggers. Don't want you confused going back and forth between the game trigger and LEM.
    Not a chance. The way I actually use and carry both the P2000 and P2000Sk, the LEM is really the right trigger for them. I have so many LEM P30's that I may end up trying to trade one of the spares of..........but I am looking for another LEM P2000Sk.....that should say something. If the new P30SK is in fact a reality, that would likely be another option.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Crap, Crap, Crap……

I went to the candy store at lunch just to see what the fuss was about.

Now I want one. The trigger blows away any of my Glocks, even one with a Vanek Master GSSF kit.

Surprisingly, the trough in the trigger guard didn't both me like the P30s I've shot. Not sure why, maybe a different grip combo?

The smaller levers/controls were a big plus for my large hands.

LSP972 has been trying to get me into an HK for some time but I've never shot one I preferred over a SIG or Glock. Times might be changing…..
    (Cue in evil laugh…)

Let me know when you're ready to be assimilated. My VP9 awaits your test-drive…

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Maybe a combo of the grip and trigger. On both the P30 and the HK45, the trough bothers me on DA/SA guns but I don't notice it on LEM guns.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Maybe a combo of the grip and trigger. On both the P30 and the HK45, the trough bothers me on DA/SA guns but I don't notice it on LEM guns.
    You know, there may be something to that. I remember when I went to get my very early HK45 and 45C, they were all DA/SA, and I hated the trough on the full size, so I bought two of the 45C's (Donder and Blitzen....). Later I got two HK45's that are V1 LEM guns with safeties and I love the things and never notice the trough. All my P30's are LEM's and they don't bother me either.

User Tag List