Page 79 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast

Thread: HK Striker Fired

Quote Originally Posted by warpedcamshaft View Post
    I'd like to step in and defend LAV a little bit... He ain't perfect... (You've been warned) but his opinion does deserve some "weight".

I really do think he shares his honest opinion (when asked in person, or on a forum). If my memory serves me right... Tac TV was sponsored by Glock, but he would openly discuss issues he was seeing in classes with Glocks.

He praised the Walther PPQ and recommended it, when in fact he sells Glock replacement parts. I have read a lot of his posts and information, and I've had 2 very reputable trainers/SME's vouch for Vickers.

That said... Commence stoning.

He's also discussed the lack of problems he's seeing out the current Glocks now.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Vickers View Post
    It seems the newer gen 4 guns are much better - the last few I have seen in classes have worked fine

As far as when or where they fixed the issues who knows but if I were to buy one I'd try and get one that was made yesterday ( Nov 2013 ) vs one made 6 months ago - that's just my .02 cents

Good luck

LAV is the luxury Car salesman of our gun community. I'm sure he knows his shit but he's selling a brand. That brand is his name. He's no different than a Nutnfancy except he "used to be" a real operator and of course he's an active trainer who can probably back up what he preaches.

I'm sure he's a very nice person.
    _________In celebration of Ramadan, I'll be eating Pork all month. You're Welcome._______________________

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    dude, he yelled at our our dentist…..
    That was quite the....."appearance".......for LAV.

Still, before the mods slap us with the COC, we should probably get back to talking about the VP9 instead of people and other websites' drama llamas.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    That was quite the....."appearance".......for LAV.

Still, before the mods slap us with the COC, we should probably get back to talking about the VP9 instead of people and other websites' drama llamas.
    On that note... I have read threads where LAV criticized the trigger on the P30, and the fact that he is impressed with the VP9's trigger is a good sign to me.

I'll leave it at that... and I look forward to handling one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvee View Post
    LAV is the luxury Car salesman of our gun community. I'm sure he knows his shit but he's selling a brand. That brand is his name. He's no different than a Nutnfancy except he "used to be" a real operator and of course he's an active trainer who can probably back up what he preaches.
    Wow... just, wow.

Quote Originally Posted by warpedcamshaft View Post
    Wow... just, wow.
    Everybody's selling something bro. No wow about it.
    _________In celebration of Ramadan, I'll be eating Pork all month. You're Welcome._______________________

So, I'm curious. First there was the announcement. Then within a couple days - remarkably fast, it seems in retrospect, guns appeared in people's hands. But it wasn't just anyone. Seems like the guns we heard about were T&Es sent to a few folks with PR potential, some platform, from which to test and report. If so, its seems possible at least, those guns would've been carefully selected, to ensure a good first impression. Here and HK Pro at least, the dialogue was hot. Now all seems calm. No new gun reports in days. Conversations are drifting. Real deliveries of actual production guns into "citizens" hands hasn't really started. The H&K reputation for quality is being discussed - carried forward, really - but with no real product experience in hand. I to, can't remember too many new products surviving, untouched, early days from what happens to them when real production numbers get into the larger number of people's hands. This all seems like a well orchestrated roll out so far, complimenting the HK reputation fro doing things well. But we are in limbo, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by tomr View Post
    So, I'm curious. First there was the announcement. Then within a couple days - remarkably fast, it seems in retrospect, guns appeared in people's hands. But it wasn't just anyone. Seems like the guns we heard about were T&Es sent to a few folks with PR potential, some platform, from which to test and report. If so, its seems possible at least, those guns would've been carefully selected, to ensure a good first impression. Here and HK Pro at least, the dialogue was hot. Now all seems calm. No new gun reports in days. Conversations are drifting. Real deliveries of actual production guns into "citizens" hands hasn't really started. The H&K reputation for quality is being discussed - carried forward, really - but with no real product experience in hand. I to, can't remember too many new products surviving, untouched, early days from what happens to them when real production numbers get into the larger number of people's hands. This all seems like a well orchestrated roll out so far, complimenting the HK reputation fro doing things well. But we are in limbo, eh?
    well, if everything is going as usual, then the old proverb should still hold true:

Because HK hates you.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

They told us when the guns are going to be in stores, what more do you want?

If you see this Tapatalk signature it means I'm on the can. -Tapacrap

Quote Originally Posted by tomr View Post
    HK told me when I got my T&E gun that the production guns would be in stores mid July. I assume everything is going to be fine.

User Tag List